Chapter 27

*Isis*

After Corey And Isaiah Were Taken By The Police, We All Hopped In A Car And Headed To The Police Station. I Couldn't Even Think Straight I Was So Scared.

"They'll Be Okay." Kenya Said, Rubbing My Shoulders. I Really Hope That Was True.

When We Pulled Up To The Police Station, I Didn't Even Give My Mom A Chance To Stop The Car As I Hopped Out And Ran Straight For The Door. Kenya Was Hot On My Heels As I Hurried To The Front Desk.

"Yes Ma'am...What Can I Help You With?" The Lady Asked.

"They Just Brought My Boyfriend And My Brother In Like An Hour Ago And I Want To Know What's Going On." I Said.

"What Are They Names?" She Asked.

"Corey Smith And Isaiah Johnson." I Said. She Typed Something On The Computer And Sat Silent For A Moment.

"Doesn't Seem Like They've Been Processed Yet. Wait Over There And I'll Check With The Detectives." She Said. I Sighed And Walked Over To The Waiting Area. Both My Mom And Kenya Hugged Me As We Just Sat There And Waited. And Waited. And Waited.

"I Can't Get A Hold Of Vic!" My Mom Snapped As She Continued Calling Her Husband.

Almost An Hour Later, The Police Were Bringing In Somebody Else. I Looked Up And Saw Vic Being Brought In.

"Oh My God!" My Mom Said.

"I'm Cool Baby. Don't Worry." He Said, As They Shoved Him Towards The Back. I Was Getting Restless Until They FINALLY Called US Back Up To The Front Desk.

"Mr. Johnson And Mr. Smith's Are Being Booked. They Were Charged With Murder." She Said. I Damn Near Fainted When They Said That Shit!

"They Didn't Murder Anybody!" I Cried.

"Kenya Take Isis Home. I'll Stay And Deal With All This." My Mom Said.

"No! I'm Not Going Anywhere Without Corey!" I Said.

"Isis Calm Down. Let Your Mom Handle It." Kenya Said.

"I Need To See Him! I Need To!" I Cried. This Was The One Thing I Feared. Getting Involved With With A Thug, And Now Look! My Worst Fears Are Coming True.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I Damn Near Dozed Off In Kenya's Lap As She Rubbed My Hair. I Refused To Leave The Police Station Without Knowing Everything I Needed To Know. My Mom Was Talking To My Dad And Brothers Lawyer While Corey's Mom Talked To His Lawyer. I Glanced Over At My Mom And Knew That Nothing Good Could Come From This Situation. The Tears Were Coming Down My Moms Face Hard, But She Nodded As If She Understood. She Then Walked Over To Me And Shook Her Head.

"Five Years." She Said.

"Five Years? That's Bullshit!" Kenya Said.

"I Know, But If They Would've Pleaded Not Guilty Then They Would've Gotten Longer. Ten Years At Least." She Said. I Covered My Face And Cried Hard. Five Years Was Definitely A Long Time. And To Top It All Off I Was Two Months Away From Giving Birth And Corey Was Going To Miss It. At The End Of They Day...I'm Gonna Do What I Gotta Do To Keep My Family Together. No Matter What The Circumstances Is.