Her happiness was always Aaron's priority, but he couldn't stand his abusive father and even now he didn't know how his Mom handle her marriage. He had tried many times to talk her out of this marriage but she always turn the discussion into another direction and he didn't wanted to force her. But, he swears if his blood didn't boil after seeing his father.

He was clenching his fist on the balcony rail when a gentle hand covered his. He turned to see his Mom smiling at him. It was a sad smile, as she knew her son didn't like to be a part of this.

"Kha chala jata h beta, chhod ke apni Ma ko." She said as a tease to releive the tension between them but Aaron didn't take it as joke.

"At least, mujhme himmat to h chhodne ki." He frowned looking away from her. But soon felt guilty about his statement.

"Beta," Meera streched in motherly tone and made Aaron bend towards her and kissed his forehead while taking his face in both her hands. Aaron was most vulnerable in this moment as he hugged his mother for comfort. And to make sure that she was safe and she was here, in his arms.

"Why don't you come with me to New York and live with us?" He asked his mother upteenth times despite knowing the answer.

Meera let go of Aaron and stepped out of his hug as she smiled at him before saying. "You know why." She looked in the direction where Mia was greeting and talking with some relatives. "Besides, now you have someone to keep you company and love you." She turned towards Aaron and give him a knowing look.

Before Aaron could say anything, Meera added, "I know you are head over heels for my daughter-in-law and you don't get to hide it from your Ma." She teased and then became serious, "And before taking any decisions about going to New York, I hope you ask Mia how she feel about all this, because it's her decision too now. You know na."

"Yes Mom, you can trust your son on this." Aaron stated, "Any more motherly advice for me?" Aaron asked.

Meera thought for some seconds before replying, "It would be better if you meet Mia's mother also." Aaron frowned at her advice but didn't comment on it, "Because of the circumstances of your marriage, her family didn't get the time to know you. So, before you leave, you could do at least that, before you leave."

"I'll think about that, Ma."

"Chalo, let's go inside and have dinner. Apni Ma k hath ka khana bhi kha k dekh le." Aaron mumbled out an affirmative response as they went inside.

~

After dinner when most of the guest are gone, Aaron had a confidential meeting with Mr. Rathore in which he informed him that he has arranged a private jet for him. So, he can travel back to New York in his own time.

He also went about some shares going down of his company which Aaron was totally unaware of and related stock crisis in their business. This meeting went on for another two hours and when it finished Aaron was in a sour mood.

Meanwhile, Mia talked with Meera Ma about Aaron's and his brothers childhood. They talked alot but Mia felt that Meera Ma still didn't gave much away. And she thought that it might be because Meera Ma want to keep her out of sensitive stuff.

Mia too didn't wanted to touch the uncomfortable waters. So, they talked about general topics and issues. Before Aaron came and announced its time to leave. Mia touched the feet of Mr. Rathore before hugging Meera Ma goodbye. Aaron only hugged his Mom as farewell. Without giving a glance to Mr. Rathore he went inside the elevator and Mia followed suit.

They both were silent.

Mostly because Mia sensed that Aaron was pissed off. She was not scared of Aaron but she didn't wanted to say something which wasn't meant to be said and worsen the situation.

Once outside the building Aaron called his driver to pick them up. As they waited, Aaron calmed down a bit, to hold Mia's hands in his. Mia smiled at him still not trusting her voice.

It was cold outside as night was dark and stormy. But because they were in the middle of the city, it was all about shining lights and loud noises of horns and groovy music. Mia didn't realised that this much time has passed and it was close to midnight. But Mumbai was it's wee hours. As the bright lights of skyscrapers blinded Mia, Aaron embraced the wibe and energy of Mumbai and the smells of his childhood. Its

It kept him in peace.

But what Mia felt was different. What she felt was chaos. It was something that contrasting her inner world. Her darkness against the lights. Her silence against the loudness. She felt like she would lost in all this glitters and glimmers and would never found herself.

As today she witnessed how someone can be fooled by behind the tall skyscrapers and glittering lights that there was a world behind it which was dark, which was silent and which was unheard.

This thoughts made her edgy.

And moreover, she couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching her.

*****