Author's Note(mainly fun facts)

Começar do início

Fun Fact #5 - I was going to have Marcus be in 'The Test' with Lexi, and considering they couldn't remember anything, they wouldn't know they were related.

Yes, I was going to do this. And I have many times asked myself how different everything would have been if I actually went through with it. But instead of doing it that way, I had it where Lexi slowly remembered him instead and Jack was the one with a sibling in the test.

Fun Fact #6 - I never, ever wanted a love triangle to happen that involved Jack, Lexi, and John. But I did contemplate one that involved Lexi's best friend; Nate.

I went against it obviously. It just didn't seem like it was needed in the story at all and seemed too cliche of a move for me. Girls can have guy friends, even best ones, and they don't have to be involved romantically.

Fun fact #7 - Originally, Lexi's mom was dead and Lexi was mad because her father remarried too quickly.

Again, I didn't do this. I liked the idea of Lexi's mom still being around so that Lexi's life was not so bad before it got worse. Which is also part of the reason why I went against the next fact.

Fun fact #8 - Marcus had cancer.

I'm not even gonna explain my reasoning on this one, because in all actuality, I wanted to keep this part of the story, even in the draft when Marcus was going into the test too. But I let it go, mainly because my chapters were kinda short and I was info dumping things as it was. Taking out a twin with cancer seemed like the best option. But it could come back in an edited published version if I ever do so.

Fun fact #9 - I picked Florida as Lexi's and everyone else's home state because that's one of the places where I spent most of my childhood.

I love where I live now. But you try going years without seeing your aunt in Florida because you had to move when you were six and not make some of your wants get into your story.

Fun fact #10 - Originally, John and Lexi were dating outside the test.

But I didn't like it and preferred the whole 'we're enemies but we slowly become friends' approach I went with. Speaking of which, the whole weird connection thing they share will be toned down. I don't like where I went with it...

Fun fact #11 - 'The Program' was going to be written in Jack's POV and he was going to remember the test.

Lexi wasn't going to and the story would be Jack having to practically force her to remember because Reid was after them again and she was the only one that knew how to stop him. I had the stupidest reason for not doing this though. I didn't know how well I could write a male's POV yet, so I just scrapped the whole idea and basically reversed who didn't remember.

Fun fact #12 - Marcus and Annie were going to end up together, not her and John.

But don't worry, John was going to fall in love with Maddie. Just assume that I switch that around.

Fun fact #13 - Part of me wanted to make Mary the good guy and her be Jack's mother he thought he lost hidden behind a disguise.

And then, in effect, Lexi's dad knew of this fact and also worked with the organization that sent her there, so he was helping his boss and protecting her. I thought this sounded a bit too crazy though. And I didn't like the idea of Jack and Lexi being kinda siblings even for a second.