Chapter 6

TAEHYUNG'S POV:

I walk out of my brother's birthday celebration venue to take a puff of my cigarette outside the venue as I can't withstand the annoying noise emitting from the crowd.

I took out the box of cigarettes from my blazer's pocket and lit it with my lighter. Today has been a tiring day for me as I researched Hoseok's identity to make sure that he is not a threat to my pack; good thing that everything about his profile seems normal and not suspicious.

The tiredness in my body begins to fade as I feel the fresh cold wind touching my skin. My body starts to relax as I close my eyes, enjoying the feeling of the cold breeze while leaning my back on a tree.

"JUNGKOOK, JIMIN, COME BACK HERE!!!"

I opened my eyes while groaning because someone had disturbed my relaxation as I heard the two men in black suits with guns in their hands shouting while running after the two guys who I assumed were escaping from them.

In this situation, I would just let them do whatever they wanted as I minded my own business, but today was different.

The first name seriously caught my attention.

"What if it was him?" My wolf, V, suddenly asked me with an evident tone of wanting to go and also to chase the two men in black suits to know who they were chasing.

"It's not him, V. He's gone," I answered, which made him furious.

"He's just gone, but he's not dead. Remember that Taehyung"

I was about to contradict what my wolf had said to me, but the want in me to go and chase those two men had grown to its extent as I heard two gunshots in the forest where the two guys they were chasing had gone.

JUNGKOOK'S POV:

We kept running and running for our lives, hoping my father's guards would give up on chasing us. The dark forest made me scared as I held Jimin's hand tighter.

We were running so fast that I stumbled on a rock, letting me let go of Jimin's hands.

Jimin kept running, but once he realized that he's not holding my hand anymore, he came back and helped me stand up as the two guards were nearing us.

As we kept running, I turned my head around only to see that only one guard was chasing us, which made me wonder where the other one went.

My eyes grew wide open when the guard chasing us started to load his gun in an attempt to shoot Jimin. I immediately pushed Jimin away, making the bullet fired at my waist.

I hissed in pain as my wolf cried for help. The guard who was missing a while ago had appeared in front of us, blocking our way so we could not escape.

This is the end for us... A tear had slipped from my eyes as I lost all hopes that we could still escape this hell.

Jimin came near me and tried to press on my wound so the blood would stop gushing. The two of them pointed a gun at the two of us as a threat that they'd kill us if we still tried to escape.

"Please, please don't hurt us. I swear we won't ever try to escape again," Jimin begged them as he kneeled on the ground while crying.

They just laughed at him and started kicking us in our faces, and I could not even do anything because of my wound.

Suddenly, the two stopped beating us as we heard a loud growl coming from behind us. A big black wolf with red eyes stood, indicating that it was an Alpha, but his size was too big to be an Alpha. Perhaps it was a Pureblood Alpha, which made the guards more scared.

The wolf was so mad that he did not wait For the two guards to make a move, and he immediately attacked them as he clanged his fangs into their necks and ripped their fleshes effortlessly.

The scene was so horrifying to watch, but I could only be thankful to this wolf for coming on time as I lay there helplessly trying to fight myself from falling asleep as my vision slowly blurred.

Then I realized there was a scent of an aromatic and strong musky scent on him. My wolf, who was howling in pain a while ago, had become much calmer as I took in his scent.

"It's him! It's Taehyung, Jungkook," My wolf informed me, and I gave a faint smile as I relaxed my body on the ground.

"I know, kookie, he'd find us no matter what."

My vision went black as I lost consciousness.

TAEHYUNG'S POV:

After I finished killing and ripping the fleshes of the two guards, I Shifted to my human form and immediately went to Jungkook, who's now unconscious.

"Thank you, Thank you so much, Mister," The unknown blonde guy said who's kneeling beside Jungkook as he pressed into his wound to prevent the blood from gushing.

"It's fine."

I kneeled on the ground as I picked Jungkook up and carried him in bridal style; as the blonde guy looked at me with a questioning look, but he just chose not to say a word about it.

"Follow me," I simply said to the blonde guy, which I assumed to be Jungkook's friend, as I continued walking in the forest while carrying Jungkook.

"You're safe now, My love," I said as I looked at his unconscious self.