twelve

"She was the drug that got your heart pumping before it wet your tongue

"She was the drug that got your heart pumping before it wet your tongue."

Atticus

   The sound of the crowd's cheers and laughter echoed loudly in Evangeline's ears, smiles were prevalent in every individual. Even the ones who wear the deepest frowns, on the daily basis. Tonight was the night where new beginnings and celebrations start.

   "Here they come."Evangeline said arms wrapped around Colin's left arm, as she watches Rachel and Nick walk towards them with bright smiles.

   "Finally, now Nicky can shut up about you!" Evangeline yelled, causing the group to laugh at her words. Nick shook his head at his sister, though a goofy smile was plastered onto his face.

   "I'm gonna be stuck with him, forever aren't I?"Rachel said jokingly, as Evangeline nodded with a sad expression on her face.

   "Like Colin and I."Colin and Nick shook their heads at the women, before embracing each other tightly and congratulating Nick with the engagement.

   "You're officially going to become part of the family!"Evangeline said excitedly, pulling Rachel into a comforting but tight hug. The short-haired woman smiled warmly at her and reciprocated the energy back.

   "Thank you, for everything."Rachel whispered into Evangeline's ear, causing the woman to chuckle and nod her head before pulling away.

   "I expect to be an auntie soon, do you hear me, Nicky?"Evangeline scolded Nick, who stared at her with flushed cheeks. Rachel choked as she coughed out laughing, Colin snorted loudly as he watched Nick's face turn a slight pink.

   "Eva."Nick said in a stern but joking manner, Nick leaned forward to grab Evangeline into a hug.

   "I'm so proud of you big brother, congratulations." Evangeline said, giving Nick a kiss on the cheek and squeezed him into a tight hug.

   "And I'm so happy for you, I love you."Nicky said, both siblings feeling content with their lives. The sound of fireworks and cheers rang through their ears.

In their own world together, the sounds around them deafened. Creating their own space, as they were happy for one another.

   "I love you too, you big idiot."

   The twins pull away from one another, now standing next to their partners. Nick and Rachel wave goodbye as they walk away to be congratulated by other guests.