ten

"And here you are living despite it all

"And here you are living despite it all."

Rupi Kaur

  "What did the doctor say?"

   Colin sat still for a moment, trying to process Astrid's words before finally looking away from Evangeline to Astrid and Araminta.

   "Dr. Min still hasn't come back yet, she left five minutes before you arrived."Colin sighed, running a hand through his hair.

   "Has Nick tried to reach you?"Araminta questioned quietly, almost scared to raise her voice even to the normal volume.

   "No, I turned my phone off. Is he on--"

   Frantic knocks were heard, Astrid stood up from her spot and made her way to the door. Opening it slightly, Nick's scared and worried face was seen.

   "What happened? Is she okay?"Nick asked as he walked into the room, heading to Colin's side.

   "Well--"

   "Where are my parents? Are they on their way?"Nick questioned once again, cutting Colin off from what he was going to say.

   "Well, the doctor should be back any minute. As for your parents, they're still at the venue trying to explain to everyone what happened and send them home."Colin said, Nick, nodded silently not say anything else as he sat in the chair next to Colin in worry.

   "Where's Rachel?"Araminta asked, glancing around to see if she had missed the short-haired woman. 

   Nick sighed tiredly, unsure of what to respond. Astrid and Araminta stared at him confused, not understanding why Nick looked worried and upset when mentioning his partner. Colin patted his back softly, telling him that he was there for him.

   "Something happened, my parents got involved."With that being said, both women nodded their heads in understanding as they felt Eleanor and Phillip Young were the base of their current problem.

   A gentle knock was heard, everyone's attention turned to the door. Colin told them to come in as Dr. Min's figure popped in, giving them a soft smile. A sudden comfort coated the room, knowing that she didn't come bearing bad news.

   "Good evening, I'm Dr. Min."The woman introduced herself as she walked closer to the group.

   A chorus of hellos was heard, feeling the warmth and kindness from the older woman in front of them.

   "How is she?"Colin asked, the rest nodded their heads asking the same thing in their minds.

   "Mrs. Khoo is alright--"The group sighed in relief, causing the doctor to smile at their worries for the heiress.