eleven

"if the hurt comes so will the happiness

"if the hurt comes so will the happiness."

Rupi Kaur

"I'm sorry, Evangeline."

Evangeline laid the phone on the glass table, as she and Colin sat outside of their modern bungalow. The waves crashed against the shore softly, as the morning breeze welcomed them happily.

The couple had been in Cebu for about a week, enjoying their time together as husband and wife. They have been welcomed by the beautiful country, the kind warm people, the delicious food, and the beauty of nature.

Yet, luck wasn't on her side once more as Eleanor Young had called her to make amends.

"For what, mum? For ruining my wedding, or ruining your own son's relationship?"Evangeline said sternly. Looking at the blue waves in front of her, avoiding the phone on the table.

"For...both."An exhausted sigh was heard as Eleanor held back tears from falling down her tired face. Evangeline glanced at Colin, a surprised expression was evident on both their faces.

"I'm sorry for what I did, I'm sorry for ruining your wedding night and causing my only daughter to end up in the hospital."Eleanor apologized, a single tear escaped and fell from her eye as she shakingly held her phone.

"Mum..."Evangeline whispered, not knowing what to say. Feeling a heavyweight from her shoulders lifted. Her heart beating rapidly, her eyes welled up with tears.

"I'm sorry, Eva. I hope you can forgive me."Eleanor sobbed out, breaking down through the phone.

Evangeline quickly grabbed her phone, took her mother off the speaker, and put it close to her ear. Tears fell down from the mother and daughter's faces, both of them feeling guilty. Colin quietly but quickly stood up from his spot and walked behind Evangeline to lead her inside the living room, where he made her sit down on the white leather couch.

"Mum...This means everything to me, but you need to apologize to Nicky, you've hurt him just as much."Evangeline said.

"I know, and I have. I...I gave him my ring."Eleanor replied.

"You..--"

"He deserves it like you've been telling me all along. Nicky loves her, and he would do anything for her. Rachel told me he proposed three days ago, telling her that he would leave us behind to be with her."Eleanor interrupted, explaining to her what went down.