I had no idea why Clark had such a strong need to convince everyone that he wanted to be a player and hook up with as many girls as he could.

Well, that's not true, I did have an inkling of an idea. Trying to convince everyone that you're something because in fact you are the opposite...

            During the lunch break I sat beside Lexi, with a shit eating grin.     

            "You ready for tomorrow Pumpkin?" I asked her, wiggling my eyebrows.

Lexi shoved a piece of bread in my mouth to shut me up.

I laughed and continued. "I've made a lot of notes on my script, I'm ready to play my greatest hits, so it's not lost on anyone that you're amazed at how big I am."

"I swear to god Blake, I will ruin you if you don't follow the script," Lexi warned me.

The guys were chatting together and ignoring us. I was grateful. Annoying Lexi Grayson was one of my favourite hobbies.

"Pumpkin, honey, darling, even if I don't say any of my comments, you think you won't be remembering them while you read your lines?" I kept teasing her.

I was actually very excited about tomorrow. I knew her saying these words in front of everyone meant nothing, but I still expected a great sense of satisfaction in having her say these things out loud.

As it had already been well established, I had issues.

"You little bitch," she said and nudged me with her elbow. I laughed again. "Seriously Blake, we're doing this for a grade, it's a school project, what do you get from sabotaging my performance? Weren't you worried about your grades?"

Not in this class, but I wasn't going to admit to that out loud.

"It's all about establishing your priorities, and I've decided that one of mine is having you asking me to take my clothes off and swooning about my size."

"What have a done to the universe to be stuck with you?" she whined, but from her tone and the little smirk at the corner of her mouth threatening to become an actual smile, I could tell she didn't mean it.

Maybe I actually liked having Lexi punching me and telling me shit like this, because that was all I was accustomed too.

Or maybe my MRI had missed something important and I was actual a deranged individual.

The second option would make sense.

            "Don't worry, I'll be there to make everything alright Pumpkin," I assured her.

This did not seem to comfort her. 

She just made a whining sound and hid her face in her hands.

I laughed again.

            "So, any plans tonight?" I asked her. I wasn't sure if Tyler and her father had already left. I didn't want her to be alone and bored.

            I was also slightly obsessed with her, but there was no need to mention that sad fact.

            "Actually yes, I will be spending my evening with people that don't relish in the fact that I will potentially humiliate myself in public," Lexi told me.

            I snorted. "I'm pretty sure all of your friends also find pleasure in your public humiliation. It's a teenage rite of passage."

            "Sometimes I really think about the fact that life in prison might be a worthy price if I could just smother you," she told me, glaring at me.