"Hey! Control your anger and what is it with all these frowning?" He said.

"I don't understand why he is doing this," I said, frowning more.

"Stop this behaviour, the guests are watching you," Munif whispered into my ears.

"Sorry Zaid but you have to handle this annoying girl," Munif joked and I just faked a smile.

I took Munif's phone and dialed Zain's number.

"Assalamualaikum" Zain said from the other line.

"Walaekum assalam where are you?" I asked.

"I'm attending the seminar," he said.

"I know that but why did you go to the seminar when Dr. Paul was supposed to attend the seminar and you were supposed to attend my engagement?" I said in one breath.

"Sorry for not attending the engagement but this seminar is important," he said.

"Not more than your best friend's engagement or is it?" I asked.

"I can't hear you, what are you saying the signal is weak" with that he cut the phone.

I tried calling him again but his number was out of reach.

Then mom, Aunt Reem and all of the members of our family and guests came near the stage.
Zainab brought a beautifully decorated ring platter. Both our rings are beautifully arranged on the platter in between flower petals.
We exchanged our engagement rings which were a couple rings. We bought the ring together of our own choice.

All the arrangements and shopping that we did in these past few days had brought us closer. Now I can say that I am happy with this marriage without any hesitation.
After the ring exchange we took a lot of pictures together with our families. My cheeks have started hurting with all the smiling.

"Are you happy?" Zaid asked.

"Yes I am" I said smiling and he smiled back.

I'm happy but even after having all these people here I'm feeling alone. I'm feeling a lack of a friend's presence. How much I'm missing Bella and Peter. I just got betrayed by my best friend. I was supposed to be happy because I just got engaged but I'm feeling devastated because of my best friend's betrayal. Yesterday he told me that he will be there and he can't miss my engagement but he went out of the city.

Right now we all are sitting on a table for dinner. Zaid's family, my family and Aunt Fatema and Uncle Adnaan we all were waiting for the food. Elders were discussing Nikah.

"Maryam and Zaid, is it okay for you both if we decide your Nikah to be held next month?" Aunt Reem asked.

"That's too early," I said.

"I agree," Zaid said.

"If you both have decided to marry each other we shouldn't delay the wedding" mom said.

"But mom it's too early and we need some time for all the arrangements" I said.

"No dear you don't have to worry about those things, we can arrange all the things," mom said.

"But-" Zaid was cut off by Aunt Reem.

"No buts in our family after fixing a marriage we don't leave it for long" Aunt Reem said.

"But first let me think about it properly and I'll have to talk to my chief for leave" I said.

"Alright talk to your chief then we can fix an exact date for the wedding" dad said.

"That's final, then you're going to get married next month," mom said happily.

After dinner all the guests and Zaid's family left the house. After a while Aunt Fatima and Uncle Adnaan also left. I went to my room and changed my dress into pajamas and slept.

------------------

A/N: Assalamualaikum everyone!

Mariyam is engaged to Zaid.

What do you think will Zain be able to get Maryam?

Will Maryam be able to understand Zain's feelings?

What do you think why Zain is not confessing?

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you!

👇Vote👇