"What are you waiting for, let's go," he said as I got up.

When I went downstairs with Munif I saw all the guests in my garden. I went to the small stage which was made for me and Zaid. There I saw Zaid wearing a peach coloured tuxedo. The colour was the same as my dress. It was Zainab's idea for Zaid to wear a similar coloured dress as me. He looked stunning.

"Are you done checking your future husband?" Munif asked.

"Shut up" I said.

Then he stood me next to Zaid.

"You're looking beautiful," Zaid said.

"Thank you" I said shyly, feeling the heat on my cheeks.

Aunt Reem and Zainab came and after greetings and complimenting each other they went down the stage leaving me and Zaid alone on the stage.

It was so awkward being the centre of attention. It's usual for me to be the centre of attention while giving speeches in seminars but right now it's different.

After a while Aunt Fatima and uncle Adnaan came on the stage to meet Zaid.

"Assalamualaikum" we greeted them.

"Walaikum assalam" they answered.
I introduced them to Zaid.

"You're looking beautiful, Mary," Aunt Fatima said.

"Thank you" I replied with a huge smile.

"Are you both happy with this marriage?" Uncle Adnaan asked.

"Yes" we both said in unison and looked at each other then avoided each other's gaze.

Why is it feeling so awkward?

"Aunt, where is Zain?" I asked Aunt Fatema while Zaid was busy talking with Uncle Adnaan.

"You don't know he went out of the city to attend a seminar" she said.

"What? Dr. Paul was supposed to attend the seminar and yesterday he told me that he will be there at the engagement" I said, a little shocked.

"Yes he was not supposed to attend the seminar but suddenly yesterday night he told us that he will be leaving for seminar this morning" Aunt said.

"But-" I was cut off by mom when she called Aunt Fatima.

"I think your mom needs some help" Aunt said and got down the stage with Uncle Adnaan.

"Who is Zain?" Zaid asked suddenly.

"He is Aunt Fatema and Uncle Adnaan's son and my childhood best friend" I said with a smile. My cheeks are hurting with all the smiling and greetings.

"Why is he not here? I mean being a best friend he should be there" he asked.

"That's what I don't understand, yesterday he told me that he will be there but now I found out that he is not even in the city" I said a little frustrated but soon changed my expression with a smiling face.

Then I saw Munif near the stage talking with some of my dad's  friends. I gestured to him to come on the stage.

"What happened Mary?" He said.

"Give me your phone!" I said with a frown.

"Why are you frowning?" he asked.

"Just give me your phone. I left my phone in my room" I ordered.

"Alright but why do you want my phone?" He asked.

"So that I can call Zain and ask why he ran away?" I said in an angry tone.