⚘ apatnapu't lima

THIRD PERSON

Sam waited for another hour but there was still no Shy showing up. Nagsisimula na rin siyang mainis.

Is her sister playing with her again? Kase kung oo, it wasn't funny anymore. Hindi man lang ito nagrereply sa mga chats or texts niya. She was kinda annoyed and worried at the same time.

Meanwhile, 3 hours before Sam waited, Shy was excited to see her sister and also talk to her again. She had endured so many years para lang makausap ulit ang kapatid niya.

After her shift ay dali-dali itong tumakbo papasok ng kotse niya saka nag-drive papunta sa sinabing meeting place nila ni Sam.

Shy saw the light had turned red kaya naman agad niyang tinapakan ang brakes and it almost scare her nang makita niyang hindi ito gumagana.

"What is happening?" Shy worriedly asked herself. Kahit ilang beses niyang apakan ang brake ay hindi talaga tumitigil ang sinasakyan niya.

Mabuti na lang ay walang kahit anong sasakyan ang nasa harap niya but what more dangerous is that the cars moving front of her.

A tear dropped from her eyes. She knew that she couldn't make it anymore. There's a chance that she'll die from here.

Her car almost reached the crossing and her eyes widened nang makita niyang may papalapit na bus to her. She was helpless and couldn't help but to burst out of tears as she felt her car were hit by the bus passing by.

"I'm sorry, Sam" she lastly said as she felt her body was severely bruised and sight were slowly getting blurry.

Sam was taken a back when she heard her phone rang. Tinignan niya ang screen and she immediately answered the phone nang makita niya ang pangalan ng kapatid.

"Hello?" Bungad nito sa caller.

"Hello? Is this Ms. Samantha Alonzo?"

"Yes. Where's my sister? Bakit hawak niyo ang phone niya?" Mas lalong kumabog ang dibdib ni Sam when she heard different voice handling her sister's phone.

"We're sorry to inform you that your sister was involved into a car accident. She was currently at the Southeast Medical Hospital"

Sam doesn't know what to react. Nanatili lang siyang nakatulala and unknowingly, a tear escaped from her eyes.

"Ms. Alonzo?"

"I-I'll be there" she lastly said bago ibinaba ang tawag saka nagmamadaling pumunta sa terminal ng jeep kahit na anong oras na ng gabi.

Her sister was more important.

"I'm sorry" Sam said to herself habang nakatakip ang kamay niya sa bibig niya preventing from others to see that she was crying.

"Ate, please stay strong. I'm sorry"

TO BE CONTINUED..