Chapter 10

Uoiea's POV

"This is great! I'm really thrilled to meet your friends again, Ian." She exclaimed as she wrapped her arms to his while letting out a small giggle. Her whole being shows excitement but she looks rather too animated for my liking.

I shot a silent glare to her direction in an attempt to keep her from blabbering. With a teasing smile and a sly gleaming of her eyes, she titled her head away, deliberately ignoring me patently. I gritted my teeth out of ire, conscious about having no hope in silencing this rebellious wench. She knows too well how to avoid my wrath.

Despite the adrenaline I felt when he caught us, I know for a fact that I wasn't just gonna go by with him. Heck, I've ignored him twice already, what difference would it make if I make it thrice? That's a more rational reason than just going with him. Unfortunately, a walking fish got on board.

A low chuckle brought my attention back to the other guy walking with us along the hallway. His eyes formed into slits while the adored dimples as he smiles shows up— portraying what the crowd had deemed him to be as 'Mr. Charming'.

"It's relieving to hear that, you know. The first meet we had was anything but... pleasant." His smile faltered as his tone dropped with uneasiness, conveying distress to what had happen. I looked back in front, a faint tinge of satisfaction gracing my insides. I internally scoffed.

You should be aware of where you wronged us, Mr. Charming.

To my surprise, Aria waved her hand in front as if to dismiss what he had just said. "Don't mention it. What's with the 'meal' thing, anyway?" I stop at my track as my eyes trail behind her back, pondering over what she had said. 'Don't mention it'? Is she sick? This woman keeps telling me nonstop how unfair their justice system was, and that they don't even deserve the title ang reverie the students were giving them if they were to act this unjustly.

The politeness she had just show would have been a lie if Aria said that yesterday or even a little while ago. But knowing her, Naara Sanchez is no where near from being a pretending lass. She may be sassy, clingy, or a bitch sometimes, but how she act really depends on the people around her and her dangerously unstable mood. Hindi ko lang talaga maintindihan kung bakit ngayon pa umakto amg pagka- 'friendly' niya.

"Uoiea! Here!" I snap out of my not-so-deep and uncalled for analysis when my name bounced out of the buzzing—but now silent—area of cafeteria. I saw them bundled up at the center but instead of moving from where I stand, my breath became rugged as I witness how every student stopped from what they're doing before turning their head towards my direction, completely having their attention. My skin crawled out of anxiety, but it did not take long before a forming birse began bubbling inside me.

I know how much they would vie only to have the REP call their names, but they shouldn't be eyeing me like that. I did not like how their eyes hold malice. I closed my fist in aggravation, because I never wanted their attention.

I made sure to take the disgusting sensation all in, to how much I despise this feeling. If you don't want to prolong this torture furthermore, swear to never be around them again, Uoiea. With that in mind, I plunge an unwilling step towards the least of places I would desire to be. I tried to put aside the lingering sensation of being eyed upon and brought my head back to a more concerning matter—the people I'll be sitting with.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry if we're making you uncomfortable." I flinch as a voice popped beside me, to whom it belongs is a girl I have never met since now. Her straight, chin- length brown hair moved along her head that's assessing the crowd. She gave me an apologetic smile but I only pick on the fact that she noticed the uneasiness I had, wondering to myself if I was that obvious. For some reason her huge caramel eyes look bugged but she held her mouth silent, nonetheless.