Eight: But what if you weren't?

"So you heard someone call you princess and then left?" Chat asked Mari.

"Yup pretty much, it was strange," Marinette muttered.

They were currently in Marinette's room sitting on her chaise talking, Chat's visits seemed to be getting frequent but Marinette didn't seem to mind. She had her legs crossed as she was working on something in her sketchbook while Chat rested a hand under his chin watching her intently.

Marinette thought back to the events of the night before stifling a yawn in the process, it was around 10pm the following day and she was starting to get tired. All Alya had told her was that she had passed out on the couch which led to Adrien carrying her upstairs to Alya's room. In the morning she had woken up slightly confused as she remembered someone saying something to her and disappearing. Regardless, she shrugged it off knowing Adrien could never call her that and that she was probably dreaming. They all quickly ate breakfast before departing from each other to follow their own plans for the rest of the day.

"That's clawfully strange Mari," Chat said, a glint in his eye as he held back a smile. He knew exactly who she was talking about and was trying to his best to keep it on the down low.

"Tell me about it, I must've been dreaming," she said running a hand through her dark hair.

"Dreaming about me purrinces?" Chat asked, a smirk resting on his perfect features.

Marinette rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Or that I'm going insane," she said shrugging. She stared at her sketchbook while toying with her necklace, her brows furrowed in concentration. Chat seemed to like when she did that and the fact that she hadn't taken the necklace off since he gave it to her.

"I see you like my present," he said gesturing to the necklace.

"Yeah it's unique," she said with a light laugh as he ruffled her hair. She poked his side causing him to squirm and she held up an amused eyebrow.

"Are you ticklish kitty?" She asked with a slight smirk.

"Me? Pfft no, I was caught off guard," he said folding his arms and looking the other way, which he regretted doing. 

"Why don't we test that theory then?" Marinette asked and before he could react she attacked his side sending him into a fit of giggles.

"Mari stop! Please! What did I ever do to you?" He cried out loud.

That's for all those times you flirted with me during our akuma fights, she thought internally smirking to herself.

Chat fell to the floor still uncontrollably laughing while Marinette set her sketchbook aside and continued to attack him on the floor. Her legs were on either side of him as she continued to tickle his sides.

"Marinette! Is everything okay?" Her mother, Sabine, called from downstairs. 

She stopped tickling Chat momentarily before responding, "Everything's fine mom!" She called out, she heard her mothers approval before returning her attention to the black cat who had a smirk etched onto his face.

"Now to finish what I started," she smiled evilly, but before she could continue, Chat attacked her sides sending her into a fit of giggles. He managed to get up from under her and ended up flipping her around while she continued to laugh, letting out deep breaths.

"Chat stop! That's not fair!" Marinette protested but Chat just grinned, his clawed fingers tracing her sides as he tickled her. Her laughter was adorable, but he ending up stopping after a while and Marinette recovered from her laughing state, neither of them had moved though.