Throwing another piece in, he handed the kid he didn't know the name of a slice.  As he tried to, though, the kid just sat there, staring at Tubbo's hand.  Tubbo nudged the bread closer, only making the other back up.  Why wasn't the kid taking the bread.

The child was just confused.  Why was this boy trying to shove a flat white square at them? What was the purpose of that?  No to mention the fact that something with a long freaking neck and possibly no feet just made a small chunk of the white square disappear with it's face.  It was weird to them, so they just shook their head.  That meant no, right?  They hadn't checked with the particles, but the child was a little bit sure.  Tubbo just smiled a small smile. "That's okay, you can just watch them."

They sat there on the farthest rock for at least 20 minutes. Tubbo seemed happy to see these ducks, despite them not making sense to the other kid. Instead, the nameless kid just examined the beings around them. They had long forgotten Tubbo's name, but it didn't really matter. They didn't have a name, and they didn't understand names anyways. As they child looked at the goat boy, he looked back at them.  Right in the eyes again.

Instantly, the child got the impulse to attack.  They hated it when this kid kept looking at them.  They didn't know how they would explain it, but they immediately looked away, back at the rocks.  Then at the grass.  The grass seemed much cooler than anything else there.

"Are you gonna just sit back there or do you wanna join me?" Asked Tubbo, who had turned back to give the ducks more bread as it attracted more.  Even some small turtles came up from the water for some.

After getting a brief translation from a particle, the child tilted their head.  Tubbo still awaited a response, though, patting part of the rock next to him.  It was a good distance from the water, they saw.  "And you could make a friend!" A few particles agreed.  They all just wanted this kid to be happy.

Reluctantly, the child moved across the other rocks. Tubbo pat the spot next to him, scooting over. The rock was smooth, like all the rest, but in the side closest to the water there was a part where it spiked up, Tubbo using it to hold his feet.  It seemed mostly safe.  There wasn't much to sit on, the rock being more tall and less wide.

As they sat, Tubbo smiled, and started talking.  He didn't talk too fast, but still the kid couldn't understand him.  It made them feel guilty, so they stared at the water.  Then noticed something looking back at them.  It had horns, a dual colored face and strange eyes, looking slightly concerned and maybe a little guilty.  It was also staring them directly in the eyes.

"Ah!" They screeched, covering their own eyes and falling backwards onto more rocks.  "Ow..." the child mumbled.  It hurt to fall on that hard of a surface.  "Are you alright friend?" Asked a concerned Tubbo, leaning over to look and see if the fallen kid was okay.  The child kept their hands on their eyes until they knew they wouldn't look Tubbo directly in the eyes this time, to avoid an attack.  Or another punch, but they didn't even remember that.  They just pointed at the water, making exasperated mouth movements as if they were trying to yell but no words came out.  Probably because they had heard Tubbo and could maybe copy him, but had no confidence in doing the sort.  It probably wouldn't be the right thing anyways.

The boy looked around, grabbing a small stick he found in between two rocks. He leaned the opposite direction of his companion, looking into the water, the companion looking over Tubbo's shoulder.

All Tubbo could see was his own reflection.  "Maybe it went away?"  Tubbo wondered out loud.  To completely confirm, the child looked over the edge, only with one eye open.  It was there, again!  Tubbo surely saw it.  For some reason it also had only one eye open.  As soon as the nameless child jumped back, pointing at the surface of the water again, Tubbo just stared at them.