💥Flash Fiction Friday Winning Entry (4)💥

Writer: ChristineGoldTitle: The Shadows of Jẹbọ forestPrompt: Horror [Artist: deniszhbankov| Instagram]

Title: The Shadows of Jẹbọ forest
Prompt: Horror [Artist: deniszhbankov| Instagram]

Writer: ChristineGoldTitle: The Shadows of Jẹbọ forestPrompt: Horror [Artist: deniszhbankov| Instagram]

Darks things live in Jẹbọ forest. 

Ọladapọ knew that, and he avoided the forest. But not tonight. Tonight was the night he entered the forest. 

As he went, he could feel the dark eyes of irumọlẹs on him. They wouldn't attack him though. They were hiding. Something dark was brewing in the forest, and it terrified them. Even Ọladapọ was terrified. Màmá warned that what the babaláwos were doing in the forest killed his bàbá. 

But that was exactly why Ọladapọ went. He wanted to see the thing that killed his bàbá, look it in the eyes and curse it by the names of the òrìṣà. 

Ọladapọ reached the groove the babaláwos were performing the ritual. From the looks of it, they were almost done. The breath escaped the boy when a tree split open and a shadowy mass began to pour from it. It formed into a beast Ọladapọ couldn't put words to. But it was when the hollow eyes of the beast found his that he realised his mistake coming here. 

He only took three steps before the creature was on him. Ọladapọ looked in its face and all he saw was darkness . . . then, death.

________________________________________________________________________________

Want your flash fiction piece to stand a chance to be featured here? Look out for our Flash Fiction Friday chapter published in Naija House once every month.
Take care!