💥Flash Fiction Friday Winning Entries (3)💥

Romance

Romance

Writer: tasya_wayer
Prompt: Romance [Artist: hillarydwilsonart | Instagram]

Writer: tasya_wayerPrompt: Romance [Artist: hillarydwilsonart | Instagram]

She was the model. 

"Epsilon, not that pose," her manager snapped, eyebrows scrunched in frustration. 

"It's her first time, sir. She's still learning." 

 It took me long to realize I was "sir"

Awkward Epsilon had saturated my sixth sense. I positioned the camera, barely nodding. The arch of her brows and the "V" of her face beckoned to my lens. Watching Epsilon poke at her blindfold curled my lips. She was uncomfortable, but concepts were concepts. 

I imagined if her eyes were as beautiful as the slope of her features. My smile grew teeth like I was on the other side of the lens. 

The woman misinterpreted the expression. Or did she? "Good, Epsilon. No, no. Put your hand on the blindfold." 

"You like it that way, sir?" 

 "Any way," fell from my lips in an awed whisper. 

It was easy to hate my job, even when it started as a passion. But once in a while, an Epsilon showed up. And I fell in love with photography again. 

"Any way," my voice came out firm, as I clicked away with a revived passion. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Want your flash fiction piece to stand a chance to be featured here? Look out for our Flash Fiction Friday chapter published in Naija House once every month.
take care!