X. My kind of drug

Chapter X My kind of drug

Nothing sucked more than morning lectures where you are sleepy as fuck and the professor just goes on. All you have to do is keep those eyes open and concentrate even though all you really want to do is tidy up the bench and sleep on it. They say concentration is the greatest task for sitting in lectures, I say that not sleeping in them should rank with higher priority. For one shall concentrate only if one is not sleepy.

After sleeping for only couple of hours last night, I managed to pick my sloth of an ass to the early lecture. June was being very considerate and poking me with her pencil, every two minutes. That was very helpful, considering I needed to be awake in the lectures and she was being such a great help. The teacher was considerate too, because even though she saw me in a miserable state, she rolled her eyes and pretended that I did not exist for the entire lecture.

The world was getting a better place to live in.

Last night opened my eyes, metamorphically, Arjun wasn't wrong and neither was I. it was just bad timing and a very good lesson. There wasn't anything that stopped me earlier from attending lectures or being me, and I'd like for the same to continue. It was then decided (after I woke up from the stupid boring lecture), that I wouldn't let a five-year-old get in the way of being me.

"Purvi." June whispered, "Just a little time more, soon she'll tell us to write stuff and then you can have a power nap."

For a person like me, June was a blessing in disguise. She asked me about Arjun, I narrated that everything was as awesome as the world is and she believed me. That girl was really naïve and nice for this stupid world.

The morning lectures were a drag and with two mugs of coffee, few power naps and a nice hot bowl of Maggi for breakfast, I was up again. "So, what have you decided?" June said eating the chocolate sandwich she ordered, as I sipped my coffee.

Coffee and Maggi were my kind of drugs.

"I will give my project by the end of this month."

June beamed, then she went blank, then she was distressed. "But you will have only three weeks now, and I know you haven't started. How will you...?"

"I don't know June." My eyes shut in sheer frustration. "I have no clue, but I will finish it up. If that means working day in and out, then be it."

"Do not get me wrong, I have full faith in you Purvi." June smiled. "Just don't overload yourself. These few days you look so tensed, I am worried for you."

It was true, I did not deserve June.

Smiling at her for the first time in a non-selfish way, we ate our breakfast in peace. Well, she did as I kept factoring my life and what a big mess I was in. Riya was home, I suppose, taking care of the kid. Even if she wouldn't, I don't think I would have, this time. My self-esteem was on the edge of falling over a cliff and if I don't push it back on the road, it'll take me down with it.