IX In an orphanage

Chapter IX In an orphanage

Tittu was silent than ever. He was moping all day and now, neither signing nor crying, just silent.

This wasn’t how I wanted him to live. Normally he would come watch me cook, or want me to give him some attention or do anything but sit around every day. Now he was major upset and sat on the sofa, keeping his head on his knees, in a deep thought.

There wasn’t anything we could do. Riya, before she left, tried to talk to him or cheer him up. She even bought his favorite snack but Tittu was dealing with his own shit. She left when nothing was working and was running late for her date. Meanwhile, I tried my hand in helping him get out of that sulky mood.

*What happened?*

He shook his head and refused to answer my question, I checked another sign on Google while he kept his low gaze on me.

*Talk to me, maybe I can help*

This time he just sat upright, and shaking his head he did some actions. When I couldn’t grasp what he did, he scoffed and laid his head on his lap again.

He had given up. I didn't though and the marvelous idea struck me. He watched me duck out of the hall and return with my mobile a few seconds later.

*Let me help you*

This time I kept the camera recording on as he answered my questions. The way he spoke had a lighter impact on me since my mind was preoccupied and he knew we wouldn’t understand anyway, keeping the energy level to the minimum. Yet I recorded whatever he did and kept recording whenever he proceeded with such long explanations, maybe I could show it to someone who knows how to sign or I could learn someday.

What was wondrous was that Tittu had an early dinner which Riya had made for him according to her diet and wanted no one to trouble him. He was tormented and distressed already and I fought against my will to ask him again.

Riya had gone out on a date, mentioning that she would come later in the night or probably not at all and it seemed only fair if I could get some lone time with Arjun. He was more than willing to come over for the night because there was not a single excuse from his side while I readied myself to greet my boyfriend.

It was more than a week that we had spent some quality time and more than two where we spent the night together. So, the hormones were taking a faster pace than usual. It took me more than an hour to get tidied up, because it was so very unfair that the ladies had to be gentler with their natural body hair, their scent and their clothes.