Chapter 16 "Bastard"

Sirocco POV

"Bramble Whims. Is that you?" I ask. "Why yes it is your majesty." Bramble snarled in a condescending tone. "I-you're supposed to be dead" I mutter. "Well I'm not. And just look what I've brought with me." He laughs as he points toward the crowd chanting for my blood. "And your sister agrees wholeheartedly with them and I" he adds. I look aside to see blood dripping from Meadow's nose. Staining her pale wool in it's process. "I think killing you would be too humane" Chinook laughs. "And as for you sheep. We'll have plenty of fun together" Chinook chuckles as she swings around her axe and rubs her head with her free paw. 

"Now my valiant army. What do you say we stop waiting and we get straight to their torture?" Chinook asks the crowd. They respond with roaring cheers and whistles. Bramble wiggles the pitchfork from the ground around Meadow's neck. Leaving her room to flee for a few seconds. That's it! Room to flee! That's what I need. I wait for Bramble to pull the pitchfork from the ground around my neck before I make my move. I jump up and uppercut his jaw. He lets out a cry of pain before calling the crowd after me. "Meadow! Run!" I yell as I make a mad dash down the street. The crowd is hot on my heels before I make a sharp turn around the corner. I hide in an alleyway as they go by and wait. Greedily, I take in as much air as I can. Catching your breath is quite hard after you lose it. 

The crowd's loud shouts and chants grow quieter and quieter into the night sky. Until I begin to think about Meadow and where she might be. Suddenly, a cart rolls down the street with Bramble and Chinook leading the horses who are pulling down the street. A crowd follow closely behind the cart. I can't quite see what's in the cart, but they're all not very happy with it. I should follow it. It could be Meadow. I stride slowly down the alleyways, sneaking glimpses as often as I can. Oh shit. It leads to the hanging post in the square. That's never a good sign. Bramble and Chinook carry something limp over their shoulders up onto the high stage above the street with the hanging post on it. Until I saw who it was.

It was Meadow. I don't think she's dead, if she were dead they probably wouldn't be bringing her up onto the stage. Chinook, the wicked bitch and Bramble the scheming bastard began to make their speeches. I got closer and closer through the alleyways until I was almost next to the crowd. The sun was beginning to burst from the mountains in a whimsical sunrise. "Ladies and gentlemen. Mutts and Ruminants. See this sunrise? This is OUR sunrise. It's rising upon our new reign. It doesn't matter whether or not we have Sirocco of not. For we have her minion, Meadow Shepherd. Some torture will get out of her where Sirocco may be hiding" Chinook announces to the crowd. Laughter and shrill bleats are heard through the crowd. Chanting for royal blood.

New chapter tomorrow