Chapter 7 "Capture"

Sirocco POV

Chinook held her axe tightly in her hands and motioned for the other wolves to draw their weapons. "Oh how the tides change quickly don't they?" She smirks as she points her axe towards my throat. "Fellas, capture her for further investigation" Chinook orders. I can't take my eyes off of Meadow, I can't bare to let them do this to her. "Get your paws off me" Meadow bleats as she pushes away one of the wolves. "Watch out!" I cry as a wolf creeps up behind her. It's too late, the wolf bashes Meadow on the head with the hilt of their axe. The next thing I feel is a blow delivered to my head. The world begins to grow dizzy... and distorted...

. . .

Oh how my head hurts. I go to rub it, but realize my paws are chined tightly to the cold floor. Meadow lays asleep right beside me. Oh thank god I can keep a watchful eye over her. "Meadow... wake up!" I whisper a couple times before she finally awakens. "Where are we?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders and look at the bars in front of us. "Chinook! They're awake!" A wolf yells from a chair across from us. "Considering that our paws are shackled to the ground, I'm going to assume we're in confinement" I tell Meadow. "Makes sense. But the real question is why?" She replied. A silhouette that could only be Chinook's comes into sight from the doorway. Her steps grow louder until she reaches our cell door. "Good morning my dear" Chinook grins. I let out a low growl and watch her grin grow wider. The crazed look in her eyes intensifies greatly. "You should be polite with your own sister" Chinook replies. "Where are we?" Meadow asks. I'd rather I did the talking here.

"You're in our base of operations." She replies as she digs at the bars of our cell. "Might I ask why?" I ask. "You're dumber than I remember, I'd expect this type of question from the sheep. But not from you" Chinook says with a smile. "First off, don't insult my accomplice. And second off, that doesn't answer my question" I reply growling loudly. "Ah yes, I'm here to make your life a living hell. For forgetting about me. And not to mention, I want answers, I want to rule the pathetic kingdom that you call your own. I'll whip it into shape. I want to know every little bit of knowledge that you have" she explains. She's more than just a pup when I last saw her, she's a greedy bitch who appears to always want more. "Quick question, how do all these wolves reply to your commands without any hesitation?" I ask. I really just want to side track her from what she was talking about. She might forget Meadow's here and torture only me and not Meadow. "I run a bandit ring, they all work for me" she replies.

Chinook begins to fiddle with the key ring on her claw before she opens the cell door. "Let's make things nice and simple" Chinook grins. She steps closer to me and holds my muzzle as if I were a pup. "Hey that's my thing, not yours" I growl. Meadow giggles a little before Chinook shushes her. "Just this one time" she snarls. I rolls my eyes before I notice the intense pain of Chinook's claws digging into my muzzle. Normally I wouldn't do that (or atleast not very hard). But she keeps going. "Listen lamb, and you'd better listen carefully, you too Sirocco" she slurs my name at the end. "I think it's in your best interest to just be honest and not stubborn the entire time you're here" she commands. A lanky wolf steps into the doorway of our cell and watches over us. "This is Rapids. She'll be watching over you while you're here. So don't try and pull any little tricks" Chinook informs us. "Rapids, won't you take our guest, Sirocco out of the cell?" Chinook asks politely. Rapids nods and unscrews my chains from the floor. I take a moment to let the fur on my wrists puff up before they get flattened again by another pair of handcuffs. This time my arms are held behind my back. "I need you to be strong for me Meadow, okay?" I ask. Meadow nods quickly.

"I want you to watch very carefully sheep" Chinook growls as she swings her axe around. "Sirocco, I'll start you off with an easy question. How did I supposedly die?" Chinook asks. I'm glad she's starting me off easily. "A ram killed you with a staff when you were out in the streets" I reply. "Very good" she nods. "This one's pretty easy too, why didn't you try to at least look me over and see if I was really dead?, why did our family carry on so flawlessly without me?" Chinook growls. I stare at Meadow's shackles instead of answering the question. The next thing I feel is a sharp blow on the back of my legs. I stumble to the ground, drawing short, quick breaths. Meadow's shouting, but the pain blocks out all of the noises. A blow is delivered to my chest and fall from my kneel position to being flat on my face. Blood spurts from my legs. I begin to throw up blood. "Pathetic." I hear Chinook say. "All I asked was a simple question. And you can't even handle that? No wonder both our parents our dead. Because of you and your incapability to do anything helpful or useful" she spits. Well she was right about one thing, I'm the reason our father is dead. Well it served him right, power comes with a price. A pool of blood soaks into my fur and drenches it. "P-lease Chinook. Mercy" I ask. She kicks me in the nose, causing blood to spout from there too. "I want you to beg for your life, I want you to just answer my questions and you can be free" she replies. I force myself into a kneeling position, the pain in my legs is near blinding. "Please, I beg of you. Spare me, this isn't worth it. You don't understand what you might be doing" I beg as I think about the crown and about what horror she might accidentally release. Chinook gives a heavy sigh and looks down at me with a pitiful expression. "Oh my poor darling, look what you've gotten yourself into. If only you'd just done as you were asked. You'd be scrape free by the time you're out of here" she comforts in a soothing tone as she kneels done to my level. "My dear sister, you've done this all to yourself" she tries to convince me it's my fault. Bitch, please. She has no clue what I put myself through to keep this kingdom in cheque. But I need to bend to her rules, I need to just submissively nod along with everything she says. That might at least get Meadow out alive, not necessarily keeping me alive, but I'd still do it for Meadow. Wearily, I slip out of consciousness to the blood loss.

New chapter tomorrow