Chapter 15 "Urgency"

Sirocco POV

A violent shaking motion wakes me up. Meadow's shaking me awake and breathing in a panicky manner. "Get up. Get up. Get up" she fearfully stutters. I rub my head and wince at the flaky dried blood that's on my paw. "What is it?" I sigh. "Wolves, their threatening to burn down the castle and their trying to rally the peasant-folk" Meadow whimpers. "Well you're gonna need to let me out of these first sweetheart" I say as I hold up my cuffed paws. She nods and pulls the key from her pocket. She hastily unlocks them and pulls me up from the bed. "Just a moment. I need some things" I say

I pull on my trench-coat and secure my sword and holster to my belt. "I'm ready" I grin as I throw open my chamber door. We run down the stairs and down the halls. Meadow goes to open the castle gate, but I stop her. "Take this... warrior" I smile as I hand her a sword I'd been making her lately. "I'll thank you later" she smiles. I throw open the gates to see a crowd of angry creatures, mainly wolves. But there are some of the common folk in the crowd too. They hold torches, pitchforks and rakes to the sky. Chinook sits on a horse, at the back of the crowd. Another wolf sits on a high horse too. I can't quite make out who it is though. "Citizens of Dire District. I, your leader in this revolt present to you, a fool. Your arrogent, manipulative and cowardly queen. Sirocco will do nothing good for you. She's not to be trusted at all!" Chinook yells. "And there's her petty sidekick. A sheep who barely has anything to live for. If Sirocco dies, do you know who will take her place? The sheep will! A cowardly and meek sheep will!" The unknown wolf yells. The crowd's become a riot now. Arrows rip through the sky and lodge their way into the castle bricks. Rakes and pitchforks are pointed towards Meadow and I. But I'll make sure we don't go down without a fight. "Listen, this may look bad on my part. But are you sure you can trust those foolish mutts who call themselves the revolutionary leaders?" I taunt. Meadow let's out a nervous laugh and adds onto my defence. "She's right. Look at the one who you call Chinook. She's robbed you for years without you even noticing. And she's directly admitted to that!" Meadow laughs. Some pitchforks lower, but not many. 

"Lies! She's lying! Like she's lied to you all this time!" The unknown wolf shouts. I notice Chinook's piercing glare practically looking through me. Her paws are held tightly around a bow and an arrow pulled back all the way. I'm busy eying the crowd until an arrow comes flying past my face. Just barely missing my pointy ears. "Run!" I shout to Meadow. Without a second's hesitation. She goes whipping off the stage in front of the castle. I run after her, trailing ever so slightly behind. Suddenly, something grabs my tail. Bringing me to a near halt. An incredible sensation of pain stings through my tail and lower body. "We got one!" A voice screams. Suddenly, I'm pushed to the ground. A goat has a pitchfork pointed directly at my throat. The goat's pitchfork only has two tines, so it's not quite as scary looking. The goat pulls it from the pointed position to high over his head. This is it. This is the moment. This is where Sirocco Everglades's story comes to an end. I close my eyes tightly and grit my teeth. Every muscle of mine tenses. To my surprise, he doesn't impale me. He only brings it down into the ground, trapping my neck between the tines and the ground. I didn't have enough time to notice that Meadow is next to me, in the exact same position with another fork like that around her neck. "Ladies and Gentlemen! Behold your so called 'leaders'. They're before you Now on the ground, in a near inescapable design of ours!" The unknown wolf calls as he rests one of his back paws on my stomach. Upon him getting closer to my level, I notice something of extreme importance. I know him.

New chapter tomorrow