Chapter 14 "What?"

Sirocco POV

"Wait, what?" I stutter as I let go of Meadow and back up. "How? How can you love someone who's tried to kill you. Who's hurt you. Who's betrayed you?" I ask. Meadows sighs as her gaze shifts toward the ground. "It's hard to explain" she replies. My shackles rustle as I play with my paws awkwardly. I nod along and stare at her wooly curls that make up her fluffy hair in her head. I back up more until I trip over my bed and fall onto it. "Can I please have some alcohol?" I ask. "I thought I made it clear. No" Meadow replies. Of course she denies me. 

Meadow turns on her hoof and trots out the door, closing it gently behind her. How can it be real? How can she love me. I'm unlovable, I'm a monster. I roll over on my bed, remembering the flask I had beneath it. My ears perk up, I forgot about that. I can finally get my fix!. Trying to make as little noise as possible, I slowly move around to the edge of my bed. My chains rattle slightly. I'm leaning over the edge of the bed and grab the flask from beneath the bed frame and mattress. Swiftly, I pull it out and clutch it my chest. "Oh how I've missed you" I whisper to the flask. Carefully, I take off the top. Trying not to spill a single drop. It's bittersweet smell fills my nostrils as I let out a sigh of relief. I can't go another second without a swig. Quickly, I sip from it. Embracing every drop. 

Suddenly, the door bursts open and Meadow stands there. She just about drops the quill and pen in her hoof. "How did you... get that?" She asks as she runs over to me. "Please Meadow. Please, I need it" I beg as I try and drink it quickly.  Meadow stands over me before swatting it out of my paws. I scramble before grabbing at it again and going in for another sip. Suddenly, I a painful blow is delivered to the side of my head. Leaving my ear ringing. The next thing I see is a fading image of Meadow standing there staring at her bloody hoof and holding the flask.

Meadow POV

Sirocco's blood coats my hoof, but I managed to get the flask away from her. She claws at me limply before finally passing out from the blow. Thank fucking god she's no longer awake. 

New chapter tomorrow