Chapter 1 "Return"

Sirocco POV

Your Majesty, Sirocco Everglades

A confirmed sighting of  Chinook Everglades has been reported a few days ago. We thought it'd be important if we informed you this news.

-Sheriff department of Dire District

———————

It can't be. It can't fucking be, she's back. My eyes dart all over the letter. I swore she was dead. She should be dead. My sister certainly can't be alive can she? I thought she was dead, my whole family thought she was dead, it can't be. A million thoughts buzzed through my head as I reread the letter to make sure I didn't misread what I saw. 

"Meadow! Go get me my sword" I demanded. Oh yeah, that's right. She's gone... unfortunately. I sigh before realizing what I just thought. Do I really miss her though? A few more minutes pass as I sit on the floor thinking. That's it, I can't stand it. I really do miss her, and I really do want her back. Fucking crown, told me to kill her. Surely when it finds out it'll kill me. 

    ~~~

Meadow POV

I whip my horse harder and harder until it's out of breath from running. Finally, we reach the kingdom and come to a quick halt. I hop down and tie him to a tree outside the kingdom gates. Oh how Sirocco must miss me. I certainly miss her, I certainly want to make things right around here. Once this god awful kingdom is under my rule, I'll sort everything out. From the laws to the government. I'll make it all right. I didn't realize how quickly I was walking until I reached the castle gate. Quickly, I draw one deep breath before breaking open the gate with the axe I'd taken with me from the house. "Oh Sirocco, I'm home!" I smirk. Sirocco's loud paw steps can be heard practically across the castle. Boy can she be heard when she wants to be. Sirocco appears from the hallway next to the gate and tumbles down onto my shoulder. "I need you back, I need you around. I promise I'll be nicer" she pleads as she rests her head on my shoulder. I sigh loudly, she's making this harder than it has to be. It's quite shocking that she has any other trait than selfish. I push her off me and down to the floor. "You'd better be." I state as she looks me up and down. A small grin is on her face by now, "you've certainly become more... feisty during those few days you were gone" she remarked. "I've simply... not accepted my subordinated role anymore" I reply. Sirocco's eyes widen, "whatever do you mean?" she asks. "I remember when you used to train me with a sword. Oh how I miss then, why don't you continue with that" I suggest. She might consider bringing that back to me.  "I suppose... if you really want to do that" Sirocco blatantly replies as she gets up and dusts herself off. The party has truly started now that I'm here. I'll sort that mess of a coyote out. Maybe even carry out my plan while I'm at it.

-new chapter tomorrow