Dragon of Legend; Fate (BK4)

NOTE: this is the un-edited and un-cut version. Edited and re-written versions of any of the books in the DOL series are not available on wattpad. This book is also the 4th installment of the DOL series.

Dragon of Legend; Fate

When dreams are dashed and hope is thin,

When much is lost and hearts within

Are broken, smashed to smithereens

And nothing is quite as it seems

There's is only one thing left to say

The end is near, it’s here today

voif1d

Chapter 1 “A Promising Future”

The stench of death filled Akira’s nostrils. Hear heartbeat pounded in her ears as she stared at the wasteland before her. It was scorched, covered by a layer of black ash and the corpses of both riders and dragons alike.

A few shriveled up shrubs and dead trees littered the once lush area and even the once sparkling rivers were now but empty river beds with nothing but a few dry rocks. Through the middle of a few of these streams a small trickle of water flowed, yet it was muddy and the corpses that lay in it would make one think twice about even touching it.

Slowly Akira’s eyes moved up to stare at the ruins that lay before her. The once tall, majestic Academy building now lay in shambles. Its walls had collapsed on themselves and now lay within the courtyard and at the bottom of the cliff.

Even as Akira stared at this something seemed to be drawing her attention upwards. Yet as she began to lift her gaze a sense of dread and forbidding filled her. Her heart sped up and she tried to turn away, to close her eyes, yet there was nothing she could do. Her eyes continued to ascend to the place where she knew she would see the person responsible for this though all her instincts were screaming for her to look away.

Her heart stopped and her blood ran cold as her eyes reached the peak of the rubble. For there on a giant, familiar stone slab that had once been part of the roof, stood a terrifying black dragon.

The dragon looked content as she gazed at the horrendous scene stretched out below her and then suddenly, her eyes came to stand still on Akira.

Akira could not move as their eyes met. Those yellow eyes, she knew this dragon, she had been searching for her. It was Deception. Yet even as this registered in her mind Akira realized something else. The dragon was not alone. On her back sat a rider.

With fear coursing through her veins Akira tried to see who is was. Something told her she needed to know who this rider was and yet at the same time she was scared. Slowly her eyes wondered towards the rider’s face, yet she only got as far as seeing their neck before she felt a sudden jolt.

“Get up lazy bones!”

Akira bolted upright, her heart beating against her chest like a sledge hammer.

“Whoa, steady there,” the same voice as before spoke.

With wide eyes Akira turned to find the familiar green eyed red haired girl staring at her. It was Gina, her best friend since she had come to the Academy.

“You okay?” Gina asked with concern in her eyes.

For a moment all Akira did was stare at her but then she suddenly blinked and let out a sigh of a relief.