Chapter 21 (Reunited)

TW/CW’s:  brief mention of sh, brief mention of physical abuse and homophobia

Nagito/3rd person POV

It had been two weeks since Nagito’s date with Hajime, and two weeks since he last saw the boy. He hadn’t even seen him on the bus; and to make matters worse Chiaki hadn’t heard from him either. Nagito was starting to get worried at this point. He had begun to wonder if he had done something wrong. Is this my fault..did I do something to make him uncomfortable..? He should have said something to me..shit what have I done.. Nagito was panicking at this point. I should talk to Chiaki again, maybe she has finally heard from him. With a heavy sigh Nagito set off in search of Chiaki. Class hadn’t started yet so he decided to look for her in front of the reserved course building. The pink haired girl had been waiting there almost everyday for any signs of Hajime. As expected, Chiaki was sitting on a bench with her switch in hand. 

“Hey Chiaki, waiting for Hajime again?” Nagito asked, taking a seat beside her. Pausing her game she moved her gaze to Nagito and nodded. 

“I’m starting to get really worried about him..he hasn’t even texted or called me..” She said fiddling with the end of her sleeves nervously. Nagito’s brows furrowed in concern for both of his friends, Chiaki was clearly not taking Hajime’s absence well. She looked extremely tired and drained. Her soft pink hair was now pulled back into a short messy ponytail and the dark circles under eyes were an indicator she hadn’t been sleeping well or at all. To top it all off her attention span seemed much shorter than usual. 

“If he isn’t going to come to us. We are going to him!” The white haired boy exclaimed, pulling Chiaki to her feet. 

“Nagito..what are you planning..?” without saying anything more Nagito headed straight for the reserve course building, still pulling chiaki along behind him. Chiaki’s eyes widened in realization. “Nagito I don’t think this is a good idea-” The pink haired girl said frantically trying to stop Nagito. But her efforts were wasted as he pushed through the doors and headed for the stairs. Chiaki was still pulling on Nagito’s hand trying to stop him from making a fool of himself; but Nagito just pulled her deeper into the school looking for Hajime’s classroom. 

“Chiaki, what’s the room number? I’m sure you know.” Nagito asked, stopping to stare at her.

Intimidated by the sudden serious tone in the while haired boy’s voice she racked her brains to remember. “Um..I think it was 2217..?” Chiaki watched nervously as Nagito looked at the nearby room numbers. 

We are in the right hallway..just gotta find it now. Nagito slowed his pace and looked down the hallway, instantly he spotted the number and took off towards it. 

“Wait! Nagito, are you sure this is the best idea..” Chiaki whispered, still not completely onboard with the lucksters plan. Nagito ignored her and waltzed up to the classroom, looking inside briefly to make sure Hajime was actually in there before he pushed the door open; stepping into the classroom. All eyes were on him as he stared Hajime down. Hajime lifted his head from his desk when he heard his classmates whispering as well as the teacher asking what the meaning of the intrusion was. 

Without taking his eyes off Hajime, Nagito answered “Oh, I just need to borrow Hajime for a minute. It won’t take long, I promise.” He said, dragging out the last word. All the students spun around to look at the wide eyed Hajime. 

“We are in the middle of a lesson, boy! Can’t you see that!” The teacher retorted. 

Rolling his eyes he looked to the teacher and tilted his head to the side, smiling fakely. “I said it won’t take long.”