Chapter 14 (Unknown Caller)

TWs: very slight mention of ED(?)

Hajime/3rd person POV

A vibrating sound resonated throughout Hajime’s head, waking him up. Huh what is that sound..?  The brunette shifted around and began to push himself up from the ground but was stopped when his head made contact with the underside of his desk. “Ow..” He mumbled under his breath, crawling out from his hiding spot. Not fully awake, Hajime scanned his room for the source of the sound. “Found you-” he said, retrieving his phone from his backpack. “Unknown caller...should I answer it..?” The brunette shrugged and pressed the accept call button. 

“Uh..hello..?” Hajime mumbled into the phone. 

“Hi! This is Hajime, right?” the voice on the other line said. 

Confused, Hajime answered “...Yes..who is this..?”

“A-ah sorry! It’s Nagito! I uhm I was wondering if you were free after school tomorrow..?” Hajime’s eyes shot open, butterflies fluttering around his stomach and grasping his heart. 

Clearing his throat the brunette quickly responded. “Y-yeah I'm pretty sure I am..why?” the brunette fiddled with the hem of his shirt, waiting for an answer.

"I was uh- I was wondering if you wanted to hang out...there is this cool light festival and I got tickets..but I don't wanna go alone- so uhm want to come with me..?" Nagito answered, seeming nervous. 

Eyes widening again Hajime tried to gain his composure before speaking. "Yeah! T-that sounds fun." 

Nagito's giggle echoed through the phone as he said, "It's a date haha!" 

Not completely sure if he was kidding Hajime just chuckled nervously. "So I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" The brunette asked. 

"Yup! See you then! Bye~"

"Bye." Hajime said before hanging up the phone. He quickly added Nagito to his contacts and set his phone down. 

Did he just...ask me out…? Did that..happen..? Oh my god...I said yes! He even said "It's a date"! What did I just get myself into.. Hajime thought in a panic. His heart was beating 100 miles a minute and his stomach was tied in knots. Hajime shook his head, refusing to acknowledge that Nagito made him feel this way and it must be some weird coincidence. 

Wait- how did Nagito get my number...oh right he must have asked Chiaki..he is sneaky that one..

Hajime looked over to the clock on his wall and saw that it showed 7:48 pm. "Maybe I should go and get something to eat..?" He asked himself slowly making his way to his bedroom door. The brunette opened the door and slipped downstairs silently, looking around the kitchen for something to call dinner. A wave of cold air hit Hajime as he pulled open the fridge. “There is barely anything in here..much less anything I can cook with..” Hajime sighed and closed the door, moving on to the pantry. Again Hajime came up empty handed. “Ugh of course there isn’t anything here to eat. I could go to the store and get something..but I don’t really feel that hungry..I guess I'll just eat tomorrow.” Sighing Hajime made his way back to his room. Hmm what should I do? It’s not that late and I’m not tired.. The brunette looked over at his laptop and shrugged. Guess I can play online games with Chiaki for a bit..I should also ask her about Nagito getting my number from her. Hajime thought picking up his phone.

Hajime quickly texted Chiaki and waited for her to pick their game, she was the expert after all. After playing for an hour or so Hajime finally asked, “Hey uh Chiaki did you give Nagito my number today?”

“Hm? Oh yeah he said he had something he wanted to talk to you about. I hope that was okay!” The gamer said apologetically. 

“Ah no worries, he just called me and i was a little confused that's all, heh.” Hajime said, chuckling a little.

“So, what did Nagito need to talk to you about??” Chiaki asked curiously. 

I think he asked me on a date...The brunette thought. “Oh he uhm just wanted to ask if i wanted to hang out after school tomorrow, nothing special.” Hajime said, smiling unconsciously. 

 “Awww how sweet! Hajime is making friends!” she cooed. 

Embarrassed at her comment Hajime couldn't say anything, so he just chuckled in response as a wide smile spread across his face. “It will be nice to have another friend..” Hajime said under his breath his stomach overflowing with butterflies at the thought of calling Nagito a friend.  Hajime started so space out, thinking about spending time with Nagito and how fun it would be. Seeing him smile, laugh, seeing that sparkle in his eyes..if Hajime was glad he couldn't see himself because he was sure that a dopey smile was painted on his face. 

“Hajimeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Heloooo??” Chiaki whisper yelled, trying to snap Hajime out of his trance.

“S-sorry! I was spacing out..I didn’t hear you.” Hajime apologized awkwardly. Chaiki giggled and accepted his apology. The pair continued to play games for several more hours before Hajime started to fall asleep. 

“Hey Chiaki I think I'm gonna get some rest now- I can barely keep my eyes open.” The brunette said, rubbing his eyes. Chiaki nodded and wished him goodnight before ending their call.

Hajime took off his headphones and quickly changed into his pajamas then flopping down onto his bead. Hajime couldn't wait until tomorrow..getting to spend the afternoon with his crus- friend was going to be so enjoyable. The brunette sighed happily as he drifted to sleep dreaming of Nagito and the adventure they would be going on.
_____________________________________________

950 words

HOLY. SHIT. thank you guys sooooo much for over 500 reads!! i honestly didn't think my story would get this many reads so im incredibly happy people are liking it!

also thank you for the comments and votes! it really gets me motivated to see people interacting with my story and leaving little comments :D

this chapter was kinda like a filler? but it'll get good soon!

again thank you so much for supporting this book and i hope you continue to enjoy the story and also remember to stay hydrated

-ash ♡