Chapter 4 (New Wounds)

TWs: mentions of blood/minor injury, slight degrading of self, sad Hajime

Hajime/3rd person POV

Hajime ran as fast as he could, determined to get away from his house. His lungs begged for air but he just kept running, not caring about the burning in his chest or the pain shooting through his calves. Unaware of the patch of ice he was approaching, Hajime slipped and fell to his knees, catching his palm on an icicle on the way down. "Ugh shit..ow.." Hajime cursed while wincing. He closed his hand into a fist to try and slow the bleeding and pushed himself back up. The breathless boy stood for a moment, then took off in a run again. I'm already half way there..slowing down now would be stupid. Hajime thought while picking up his pace.

Despite the wind beating his face and the pain shooting through his whole body. Hajime pushed forward. Breathless and beat up the brunette finally arrived at his best friend's house. Remembering that Chiaki said she left the door open, Hajime turned the knob and pushed it open. Inside Chiaki was sitting on her couch playing on her switch. Her head turned to the door as she hears it open and she immediately rushed to Hajime's side. "Are you okay??" She asked with furrowed eyebrows. Hajime nodded slightly and stepped further into the house. "Ah! Hajime you're bleeding! I'll get the first aid kit- go sit in the kitchen." Seeing as he had no choice to refuse; he followed Chiaki's orders and sat down on a chair in the kitchen.

Chiaki reappeared from upstairs with the fist aid kit in hand. "Let me see your hand." She requested as held out her hand. The brunette unclenched his left hand and held it out for the other to see. "Hmm I'm no Mikan, but this cut doesn't look too bad. I'll bandage it up quickly." Chiaki smiled and looked back up at Hajime. He just hummed in response, eyes not meeting her's. The gamer grabbed a cloth and proceeded to clean up the cut before wrapping it in a thin layer of gauze. Hajime winced when she cleaned out the cut but didn't complain about the pain as it was minor.

"Thanks for all this Chiaki.." The brunette said when the latter was finished tending to his wound.

Chiaki smiled and nodded. "No problem! But you are okay right??" Her tone changed as worry filled her eyes as she stared at her disoriented best friend.

"Yeah- I'm fine. It was just a small cut." Hajime said.

"I didn't mean physically Hajime. This is the third time this week you've ran over here.." Chiaki stated while continuing to stare at the boy, trying to figure out what was going on in his head. Hajime just looked away and shrugged. "I'm sorry if I've been a burden to you Chiaki..I can go somewhere else if you don't want me here.." Hajime said quietly, trying to swallow the lump forming in his throat. The light haired girl stood up and pulled Hajime into a tight hug.

"You know I'd never think of you as a burden. It's okay Hajime, you can let it out." Chiaki said sweetly as she rubbed the shaking boy's back. As soon as those words left her lips Hajime's eyes blurred as tears started to spill down his face. Hajime buried his face into his best friend's shoulder, shaking as he clung to her like his life depended on it. Chiaki could feel her heart breaking at the sobbing boy in her arms as he cried into her shirt. She hated seeing Hajime like this. Chiaki wrapped her arms around Hajime even tighter to signify that she wasn't going anywhere.

When Hajime's sobbs faded Chiaki directed him to the couch. Hajime wiped his eyes and looked at his worry filled friend. "Do you want to talk about it?" Chiaki asked the sniffling Hajime. He nodded and told her what had happened. How he overheard his parents fighting about him and all the things that were wrong with him. It hurt to repeat out loud but Hajime knew it was better than keeping his emotions bottled up. After he was done explaining everything Chiaki pulled him into another shorter hug.

"I'm sorry about what they said. Even if you don't have a talent you are still super awesome and fun to be around Hajime!" The pink haired gamer beamed. Hajime smiled shyly and let out a small chuckle.

"You really are too sweet Chiaki.." Hajime replied feeling a little better than he did an hour ago.

"You must be dehydrated from crying, do you want me to make you some tea or coffee?" Chiaki asked as she headed for the pantry.

The brunette nodded "Tea please." Chiaki rummaged through the pantry but came up empty handed. "Darn. I must have used the last of it yesterday." The gamer pouted for a moment before her eyes lit up. "Oooo I think they sell this stuff at the convenience store close by, wanna go??"

Hajime smiled at his friend's eagerness and nodded. "Sure. and when we get back we can play whatever games you want." The gamer's eyes sparkled as she talked Hajime's ear off about a new game she had been playing while they were walking to the store. The brunette smiled fondly, Chiaki always knew how to make him feel better when he was down on himself. He was crazy thankful they were friends. What would I do without you. Hajime thought to himself, and hoped he would never have to find out.

{Time skip brought to you by Gundhams's Four Dark Devas of Destruction}

The pair arrived at the convenience store and picked up what they needed. But before they could leave Chiaki rushed off into the candy aisle leaving Hajime standing awkwardly in the middle of the store. He turned to follow her, but his attention was forced to the front of the store when the bell rang.

Hajime's eyes widened as he watched him step through the door. Pale skin, white hair, green jacket. Their eyes met only for a moment before Hajime broke their eye contact and rushed away to find Chiaki....Leaving the other boy staring after him with wide eyes and a pounding heart.
_____________________________________________

1053 words

wooooooooaaaaaooo look at me hitting 1000 words haha
ngl writing this chapter hurt my heart a lil poor hajime :(

also im super happy im putting more chiaki into my story bc she is like one favorite dr2 character:))

have a good day/night and remember to drink water and praise komahina

-ash