Chapter 12 (Sparks)

Nagito/3rd person POV

Dazed by the flood of dopamine from seeing the boy in front of him, Nagito looked over to Chiaki who had started talking. “Hajime! This is Nagito! He’s in my classes and he looked lonely so I invited him to have lunch with us! I hope that’s okay??” She said with a smile. 

As Nagito’s name was mentioned, a flash of realization rippled across Hajime's face before he looked up at the white haired boy. As they locked eyes Nagito blushed feeling the heat rise to his face, he was thankful that the cold weather could be a cover for his pink cheeks. 

Hajime looked back down and said, “U-uh yeah, no worries, t-the more the m-merrier right?” 

Ahh he looks so cute when he is embarrassed! Eek! Why am I thinking such things about him.. Chiaki had said something about going to buy boba then proceeded to drag the boys along behind her. Struggling to stop himself from tripping over his feet Nagito regained his balance and found himself walking beside Hajime. 

This silence is very...loud..maybe i should say something to him?? 

“How interesting that we keep running into each other- must be fate.” Nagito said, mostly kidding. He looked over at the brunette who had a startled look on his face, eyes widening in panic. Ah shit! Why did I say that?? He must be totally weird out by me now...just fix things fast! Nagito bit his lip and quickly thought of something else to say. 

“Haha just kidding- Not much of a talker huh?” the white haired boy said, trying to read the expression on Hajime’s face. The boy just nodded in response, glancing at Nagito. Chiaki turned around to look at the pai and gestured for them to walk faster. 
“Come on! You guys are sooo slow!” She said turning back around and walking faster. The pair looked at each other briefly before walking faster to catch up to their friend. 

The store bell jingled as the trio stepped in. Chikai turned to the boys and asked them if they wanted anything. Nagito looked over to see his response first, after seeing Hajime nodd, Nagito did the same. Thinking he might as well get something out of this trip, other than getting to stare at Hajime. “Okay, so what do you two want?” The light haired girl asked. 

“Surprise me.” The boys said in unison. Nagito smiled and giggled inaudibly, looking over to Hajime who looked at Nagito like he had just seen a ghost. Chiaki giggled then walked up to the counter to place their orders. Nagito continued to stare at Hajime, the brunette was currently biting his nails. He looks like he wants to say something but is too scared..Well then I’ll just break the ice. Nagito thought to himself. “So- uh how come I’ve never seen you around school before?” The younger asked, genuinely curious. Hajime winced and looked at Nagito. 

Shit..did i say something I shouldn't have??  Shit shit! Nagito panicked slightly, nervous for the other to answer. Hajime shifted and looked down at the ground while talking. “I’m in the reserve course…” He mumbled, sounding ashamed. 

“Ah I see. That’s a shame- I was looking forward to seeing you more.” Nagito pouted as he spoke, disappointed that he would only get to see the boy durning lunch and after school. Hajime looked shocked at his response, eyes wide and...Wait is he blushing?! Was he expecting me to react differently?? Nagito studied the olders face as he began to speak, changing the subject slightly. “So- what’s your ultimate talent, Nagito?” the brunette asked.

Nagito smiled and blushed for the nth time today. No one had ever asked me that before..they all just think I’m some weird loser obsessed with hope..woah I can’t believe he actually wants to know!! Just as Nagito was about to tell Hajime about his talent and luck, Chiaki skipped back over, holding out the drinks for the pair.

They reached out at the same time, their fingers bumping into each other. The white haired boy gasped as he felt a shock run up his fingers and down his spine, but not before stopping at his heart. Making it skip a beat. It was almost like the feeling when their eyes locked at the convenience store. Nagito looked over to find a flustered Hajime who was trying to keep his composure. Nagito smiled, the look on Hajime’s face told him that he too had felt the spark of electricity when their hands touched for the first time. The brunette had quickly pulled his drink towards him, taking a sip of his drink. Nagito assumed it was so he could avoid saying anything. 

The white haired boy watched as Hajime wrapped his lips around the straw, briefly imagining what his lips would feel like on his own. His lips look soft..I want to touch them..I wanna ki-...He cut his thinking off before he could finish his thought, blushing madly.

When all three had their drinks they headed back to school, the icy wind hitting them as soon as they stepped out of the shelter of the store. “Thanks for the boba Chiaki, I promise I’ll pay you back soon!” Nagito said with a smile. 

“Ah no rush!” Chiaki said with a smile. “Sooo~ what do you think of Hajime? You two seemed to be hitting it off pretty well!” 

“He seems super sweet and cute..too bad he isn’t in our classes..” The white haired boy said, making sure to mumble part of his sentence. Chiaki nodded and looked around. 

“Oh no we were losing hajime! He stopped for some reason.” She walked over the Hajime and waved her hand in front of his face, bringing him back into reality.

“A-ah sorry! I must have gotten carried away thinking about uh…a project for class, that's all. Sorry I got caught up in brainstorming.” The brunette said rubbing the back of his neck anxiously. Nagito didn’t miss the glance Hajime threw his way and couldn’t help but wonder if he was thinking about something other than school.  Nagito kept looking at the brunette trying to decipher his words and the way he glanced over at the whitre haired boy. The trio continued walking back to school and chatting about various things. Nagito noticed Hajime was staring at his hand, it made him wonder if he was thinking about their fingers touching.. Nah that's looking too far into things, his hands are probably just cold or something.. Nagito thought, looking at the brunette’s face again. Nagito had also noticed that besides looking at his hand; Hajime had not taken his eyes off of the younger boy.

Flustered, the white haired boy looked away to hide the smile creeping onto his lips, not wanting Hajime to know he was secretly enjoying the attention from the brunette’s stare. As they approached the school they said their goodbyes to Hajime and headed inside for their afternoon classes. Nagito was giddy and couldn’t stop thinking about the way the older boy was staring at him. Ah..I feel so fizzy can’t wait to see you again...Hajime..
_____________________________________________

1211 words

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh fluff chapter kinda

sorry that i haven't posted in like 4 days again ive been soooo tired and lowkey unmotivated :((

ill try to get the next chapter out soon, also i made the photo at the top in class :D
just Nagito kinne things :P

have a good rest of your day or night :*

-ash