Chapter 3 (What a Mess!)

Nagito/3rd person POV

Noooooo- Nagito thought disappointedly as the bus pulled ahead, leaving the mystery boy behind and questions whirling throughout his head. For a brief moment he thought the boy looked back at the bus. My eyes must be playing tricks on me. He slumped in his seat pouting at the thought of never seeing the brunette again. Sighing Nagito closed his eyes, leaning his head against the frigid window, counting down the stops until it was his turn to pull the cord. 3…….2…...1…

Ding!

Nagito opened his eyes and headed for the bus door. "Thank you!" He smiled to the driver as he hopped out of the bus. Nagito puffed out air, watching his breath appear and disappear in the freezing air as he made the trek home. He didn't really want to go home but what other choice did he have. I could run away. Nagito thought mostly jokingly.

 His roommate Kazuichi was a total mess and always had things scattered over their shared apartment. 
Ever since his parents had died in a plane crash when he was younger he had lived in an orphanage. But when he heard there was someone at his school looking for a roommate, he was willing to do anything to get out of the gloomy building he called “home.” 

Luckily or rather unluckily now- for Nagito he was the only one who took up the offer to room with the messy mechanic, Kazuichi. Nagito had told himself that living in a chaotic house was waaaay better than living in that hell hole. The white haired boy shivered at the thought of the orphanage and all the past memories associated with it. Man am I ever glad to be rid of that place. Nagito thought as he walked up to the small apartment building, unlocking the main building door. Normally apartments didn’t rent to 17 year olds but Kazuichi bribed the building manager by saying he would fix any broken pipes, or similar issues for free. 

Nagito headed to the elevator and pressed the button for the third floor once he stepped inside, the elevator humming slightly as it ascended to the floor of the boy’s choice.  
Taking out his apartment key, Nagito pushed the door open and walked into the apartment. As he stepped in he was greeted with a cloud of black smoke.

“Holy shit! What is on fire?! KAZUICHI!!” Nagito yelled. Kazuichi came flying into the kitchen with wide eyes. 

“OH SHIT! I FORGOT ABOUT THE PIZZA!” The pink haired boy blurted while retrieving the fire extinguisher. Kazuichi fumbled with the thing then finally pointed it towards the oven and blasted it at the flames.
Both boys sighed in relief as the flames were snuffed out. Nagito opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by Kazuichi, “I uh… I can explain..” The pink haired started. “I had put the pizza in the oven to make us dinner...but then I got tired and I guess I forgot to put the timer on when I went for a nap...oops haha.”

Nagito shook his head in disappointment. He would have been more shaken up if this was the first time Kazuichi had set fire to some part of their home. The white haired boy walked over and threw the charred pizza into the trash, and looked in the freezer for another one. “Damn that was the last one.” Nagito said while looking at Kazuichi who was rubbing the back of his neck nervously.  “I guess we should go to the store and pick up a few things huh?” 

“Can you just go get stuff?” the mechanic asked “I went last time!” Nagito stared at his roommate for a while then sighed and nodded.

“I was going to make you come with me since you were the cause of the fire, but fine I’ll go. If you give me the money that is.” The pink haired mechanic pouted slightly but pulled a 20 from his pocket and handed it to the paler boy. “Here ya go.” Kazuichi said as Nagito grabbed the money and headed for the door.
“There better not be any more surprises when I get back,” Nagito remarked, and with that he disappeared from Kazuichi’s view and out of the building.

Nagito looked up at the clouds forming in the sky, letting his mind wonder as he walked. Surprisingly the boy he saw on the bus was the first thing that popped into his head. I wonder what he is doing right now...I wonder why I can’t get him out of my mind...
_____________________________________________

772 words

im not completely satisfied with this chapter and it lowkey feels like it's missing smth buut i hope you enjoyed it anyways- and i have a better plan for the next chapter haha

later losers ♡

-ash