Good Enough (Calum Hood)

Start from the beginning

You ended up tripping over one of the fans' foot as she was moving in to get closer to the boys, sending you both tumbling to the ground.

"Oh my gosh!" you yelped, quickly getting up, "I am so sorry!" You hurried to help the other girl back to her feet, but she shoved your hand away, making you frown.

"What happened?" you heard Calum ask behind you. "Y/N," he furrowed his eyebrows together, seeing the girl look at you with narrowed eyes as she got up and brushed herself off, "What did you do?"

"Nothing!" you squeaked, "I tripped over her foot and we fell!"

"And you didn't even bother helping her up?"

"I tried!" Everyone was staring at you by now and all you wanted to do was cry, but you couldn't.

"Looks like it to me," he laughed bitterly under his breath, walking to the girl, "I'm sorry about that. It's nice to meet you."

As soon as Luke saw the look on your face, he knew you were seconds away from tears. He quickly excused himself from the group of fans that were around him and ran over to you. He took your face in his hands – a gesture Calum didn't even notice – and looked at you.

"Are you okay?" he asked. You barely shook your head. "I knew we should have gotten you in the car before we came out," he sighed. He grabbed your hand and pulled you to the other side of the vehicle, opening the front passenger door for you and helping you in.

"Are you sure Adam won't mind?" you asked quietly.

"I'm sure, Y/N," Luke said, "I'm gonna see if Kenny will take you home since we'll probably be a while, okay?" You nodded and he patted your knee before closing the door.

You leaned your head back on the headrest and sighed, allowing yourself to let the tears fall. Not even two minutes later, Kenny hopped into the drivers seat. You quickly wiped your eyes and he smiled sadly at you.

"Bad day?" he asked as he started the car.

"How could you tell?" you laughed slightly.

"Luke told me what happened," he said, "I'd be more than happy to take you home."

"Thanks, Kenny," you smiled.

About 15 minutes later, he pulled up to the front of your apartment building.

"I'll bring Calum home as soon as I can, okay?" Kenny said as you got out of the car.

"Take your time," you chuckled lightly, closing the door and waving as he drove back to the airport.

~

An hour later, you were sitting at your kitchen counter, eating some leftovers and scrolling through Instagram on your phone when the front door opened.

"Y/N!" you heard Calum call out.

You let out a breath, knowing by the sound of his voice that he was anything but happy. So you didn't answer – you simply stayed silent, knowing he would find you within the next two seconds.

"What the hell happened today?" Calum asked when he finally walking into the kitchen and saw you.

Here we go.

"I told you," you said, "I tripped."

"But to not even bother helping her up, Y/N? Really?"

"I tried; She wouldn't let me."

"You could have at least told me you were leaving," he said in a frustrated tone.