Handshakes and Hugs

When will had saved Nico from public embarrassment, after singing a couple lines of: "PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!" in Italian, he made his way sneakily over to Jason, Piper and Nico by easing his way into the laughing crowd.

He smiled and waved as he reached the three, and squeezed himself next to Nico, who was in-between Jason and Piper.

Over the horrible chorus of voices singing in Italian, Will was able to make a gesture to Nico that symbolised "You wanna get out of here?"
In response to his look, Nico got up and sunk backwards into the bushes bringing Will with him by the shoulders.

The bushes were a little thicker than Nico thought but they made it to the other side none the less. It revealed them to the Dining Pavilion, where they spotter coach Hedge wondering by.

Without really noticing it, Will realised that Nico was wearing the Camp Half-Blood t-shirt. It stood out like a beacon on him, and despite himself, thought it really not his colour.

"Hey thanks for the Italian save back there, I guess I just got carried away" Nico said with a grateful smirk.

"No problem. I've had similar situations happen to me in camp fire songs... Well no, not really but ah- Anyway... I thought you might want to get away from everyone, I wanted to talk to you without distractions. Since the only time I've talked to you is in the infirmary and delivering me messages"

"Well what do you want to talk about, though nothing for too long, I'm still quite tired" Nico replied with a stretching yawn rubbing his eyes.

As his hands dropped from the yawn, one found itself wound around Will's neck. Thinking it as just a normal gesture, Will left it there.

Walking along towards the cabins, Will asked Nico, "Is it true that there's a Nico Protection Squad? Because I think Jason and Piper wanted to recruit me the other day."

"I'm sorry?! What? There's a protection squad for me? Well I suppose Reyna and Hazel had might have done something, but I dunno, probably"

Will nodded his head.

With a comfortable silence between them combined with unknown racing heart beats from them both, they found themselves outside the Hades cabin (the recent makeover of camp had let the Hades cabin come last against the other male Gods).

Yawning again, Will released Nico from his shoulder.

"Hey thanks again for the save" Nico's eyes glittered with something a little more than gratefulness. Whatever it was, it looked intense.

"Again, no problem", Will replied.

And with that Nico shrugged and leaned in to give Will a handshake. He'd decided that he should probably try for more physical contact with campers.

The only problem was that Will had gone in for a hug (being the affectionate and touchy-feely person he was).

Nico was cupping Will.

Hahaha, thought if leave it there. One of my quicker updates than others, but I dunno about quality. Hopefully my next update will be soon. Any ideas for what the next chapter will be? (No lemons!). And as always, remember to vote, like and comment,
{R.E.D.}