Chapter 16

The next day, Mahir was in his cabin when Vish knocked, he muttered a 'Come in', she entered his cabin. He smiles looking at her and went to hug her "Vish", Vish then comes out of the hug and looks at him "I heard about your ice cream date bhai from Kuhu", Mahir hits his head "Vish first it wasn't a date...it's just she was angry with me and I had to take her to the ice cream parlour to pacify her", Vish keeps looking at him "So her being angry affects you", Mahir eyes twinkle and he smiles thinking about Bela "Ofcourse it does...if she becomes angry madam doesn't talk and gives silent treatment...now when I'm so used to her non stop chatter how can I bear the silent treatment". Vish looks at Mahir smiling "Had I known before that Bela is all that you need to bring you back to your old self I would have suggested this long back...I'm happy that you are liking Bela", Mahir's smiles fades on hearing that "No Vish...she is a friend that's all...I don't like her as you think", Vish looks at him "Are you sure bhai because your eyes say a different story", He looks elsewhere "Yes Vish...nothing of the the sort which you are thinking is going on between us...she is just a friend that's all...this is just a marriage of compromise and convenience", Vish smiles "Main ye nahi keh rahi hun ki aap dono ke beech kuch hai lekin aisa bhi nahi hai ki kuch nahi hai (I'm not saying that there is something between the two of you but it's not like there is nothing between the two of you)", Mahir doesn't reply anything and keeps looking elsewhere, "Think about it bhai" saying this Vish leaves from his cabin.

Bela was in her cabin checking some files when someone knocks on her cabin, she mutters a 'come in' and looks up to see her dad entering the cabin "Dad since when did you start knocking to come into my cabin", her dad just shrugs looking at her "So how is everything going?", Bela thinks he is asking her about work "Everything's good dad...almost done with the finance reports for our quarterly meeting", he shakes his head smiling "No not work princess...I'm asking about you and Mahir". She looks at her dad surprised, last night when her dad told her to confess her feelings she was startled she didn't understand how her dad came to know, now this question surprised her even more, she looks elsewhere "What about us dad", he just smiles "I can see how much you care for him princess...I saw that yesterday...I can see the love you have for him in your eyes and your actions...you can't hide it from me", She looks here there blushing "Dad nothing like what you are thinking", her dad again just smiles "Your face is telling a different story princess", Bela hides her face in her hands at first to stop herself from blushing and then looks at her dad "Okay I like him dad but he needs time...this isn't easy for him...he loved someone else with all his heart...she was his first love and I understand how hard it is to forget our first love...it's just that our relationship isn't an easy one neither for him nor for me...we are just getting to know eachother...it will take time dad", Her dad smiles and hugs her "You have really become a big girl my princess...I'm happy to see that you are putting your efforts into this marriage...I'm sure one day I'll see you both happy and in love", she smiles hugging her dad and whispers to herself "I hope so dad".

Mahir was in his cabin thinking what Vish told, no this is all stupid why am I thinking about this...she is just imagining things...is she...yes Bela is just a friend...are you sure...yes I'm sure...what about the times you just stare at her while she is sleeping and also what about the time when you heart skips a beat seeing her is that also because she is a friend...Ummm ye yes...oh please...Bela is just a friend and will always be that only...this is just a marriage of convenience and compromise like I said to Vish...ohh is it I thought you were starting to accept this marriage...No! this marriage is just for 2 more months after that we both will be separated...but will Bela leave me after that...(his heart clenches at the thought of Bela leaving him) she will continue to be my friend right...ofcourse she will why not...only this marriage will end not our friendship...yes I shouldn't think about this a lot...everyone here is imagining things.