Chapter 2

At Vaidehi Nivas...

A woman in her early 50s was making masala dosa in the kitchen while a man in his late 50s was sitting in the dining table waiting for his dosa "Aarthi ji jaldi kijiye na bhuk lagi hai (Aarthi make it fast na I'm hungry)", Aarthi comes with a plate of Dosa for him "You are always hungry Vishal...look at our kids are they shouting for food...it takes time na...can't you wait", Vishal shakes his head "You don't know about these two...accha now I won't be shouting you go", Aarthi leaves from there to make more dosa. Bela and Ajitabh turn to their dad, Bela smiles sweetly "Dad one bite...please dad...I'm your princess na", Ajitabh "Me too dad...just one bite...then we will wait till mom comes back...please dad", Vishal knew about his children very well and he knew they would definitely do this. Bela was still looking at him sweetly "Dadddaaa", Vishal sighs "Okay fine only one bite...you two always do this and I'm the one getting the scoldings from your mom in the end", Vishal forwards his plate to them, they had said bite but their one bite was enough to complete half of the dosa, Vishal looks at them shocked "Seriously children...this isn't called as one bite...this is called as eating your dad's breakfast completely without letting him have any", they both just giggle hearing him "Sorry dad...you know how much we love dosa especially masala dosa so can't help it", Vishal shakes his head smiling at his children. Soon Aarthi comes with the next dosa and sees that Vishal's plate is empty "Vishal just now I kept a dosa on your plate and you completed it so quickly...you wait I'll first serve Ajit and Bela and then come back to you", she puts the dosa in Bela's plate, Vishal tries to take a piece "Dad you heard Maa na...only after we finish you will get", Vishal shakes his head "You kids are the worst...(he shouts to the kitchen)...see Aarthi your daughter and son finished my dosa and now they aren't sharing", Aarthi shouts back from the kitchen "Vishal don't trouble my kids", Vishal mutters to himself "These mother's always support their kids...nobody supports the husband yaar". Soon they all finish their breakfast and leave for Vaidehi towers.

At Vaidehi towers...

They enter into the lift and directly go to their respective floors, Vishal gets down at the 5th floor while Bela and Ajitabh get down at the 6th floor and go to their respective cabins. After sometime Bela goes to Ajitabh's cabin to ask a question but finds him busy on Phone, she understood who he is talking to and thinks of troubling them "Bhai...bhai dad is coming", Ajitabh immediately cuts the call saying "I'll call you soon", Bela sits down on the chair opposite to him and starts laughing hard while Ajit looks at her confused. When his dad doesn't enter he realises that she has fooled him well "Belaaaa you better run", Bela was still busy laughing "You should have seen your face bhai...come on bhai tell dad and mom about Vish...they are not going to object", Ajitabh sighs "I know they won't but Vish...she wants Mahir to give a nod for marriage...then only she wants to talk about our marriage". Bela looks elsewhere hearing Mahir's name "He...he is ge...getting married again?", Ajitabh knew about Bela's liking towards Mahir, he smiles looking at her "Yeah they have been trying to convince him...let's see what happens...do you want me to suggest your name to your bestie...she would be more than happy knowing about you crush on her brother", Bela blushes but then composes herself "Bhaiii you know na...I tell her everything but this one I can't...it's not like yours bhai...you both love eachother... mine is just a one sided liking...I don't even exist for him...I'm just his sister's best friend that's all...there is no way he would ever consider me...not even in my wildest dreams". Ajitabh shakes his head "Come on Belu...if he gets ready to marry anyone why can't it be you...just saying though I don't want to give you any false hopes...but still I would be happy if Mahir agrees to marry you", Bela shakes her head smiling "Only happening in my dreams bhai...you talk to Vish...byee", saying this she goes back to her cabin.

She sits in her cabin and takes out her phone and sits staring at Mahir's picture, she smiles looking at his pictures, the pictures that she had taken secretly without his notice, I wish Mahir ji I could tell you how much I like you...I wish what bhai said comes true but I know it's impossible...you have never noticed me even when I come to Sehgal Mansion how can I expect you to think about me even if you are considering to marry someone again...I hope you get a nice girl Mahir ji who won't leave you like Anushka...one who would keep you really happy and always want to see you smile...I would be happy seeing you happy and smiling...anything for your smile Mahir ji...I wish I could have told Vish about my feelings for you but then when I was about to confess it to her you came out saying that you are in love with Anu...after coming to know about that I was heart broken and I couldn't get myself to confess to Vish and create new confusions...Bhai somehow came to know my feelings for you Mahir ji...maybe by the way I look at you or the way I talk about you or maybe the way I react at the mention of your name...I'm happy that Vish never noticed that...there are only two people in my life who know what I feel for you that is my Ajit bhai and Vikrant bhai...both of them aren't going to say anything to you so you will never come to know my feelings for you Mahir ji...it will be my secret, she smiles and puts his photo aside and goes back to doing her work.

By afternoon, Anirudh enters Vaidehi towers and goes to the reception, the receptionist smiles on seeing him "Hello Anirudh Sir...welcome...you want to meet Vishal sir", Anirudh smiles "Yes", Receptionist "He is in his cabin...let me just check if he busy or not", Anirudh "Sure child". The receptionist calls and checks with Vishal if he is free, once she comes to know he is free she send Anirudh to Vishal's cabin. As soon as Andy enters Vishal's cabin he goes and hugs him, Vishal smiles looking at his friend "What a pleasant surprise Andy...you could have told me we could have met at home", Vishal could sense his friend smiling and being happy "Baat hi kuch aisi hai...intezaar hi nahi hua mujhe main aagaya yahan (The topic is like that...I couldn't wait that's why I came here)" Vishal smiles "Aisa kya hua ki tum itne khush ho (What happened all of a sudden that you are so happy)", Andy was grinning "Mahir said yes to get married", Vishal was surprised "Really...that's great news Andy...definitely we should celebrate", Andy looks at Vishal "Now I wanted to ask you something", Vishal smiles "What is it...is it about Vish and Ajit...don't worry let them come to us when they are ready...I'm happy for them both...more than that you know I'm happy to have you as my son's in-law". Andy smiles and shakes his head "No not about Vish and Ajit...I know they will come around and tell us...but what I came to talk about was our other children...you are anyway taking away my daughter to your house so I was thinking of kidnapping your daughter to my house and making her my daughter", Vishal was shocked "You mean Bela...", Andy smiles "Yes I want Bela for my Mahir...will you give your daughter's hand to my son", Vishal was still surprised "Andy...I don't have a problem in this but the children....and Mahir...he hasn't ever spent much time with Bela...will he accept my Bela", Andy puts his hand on Vishal's shoulder "Leave Mahir to me Vishal...you talk to Bela...let me know what she thinks...if she is okay with this relationship...if she is fine with this there will not be anyone more happier than me...I always wanted Bela as my daughter-in-law but when Mahir brought Anu we thought maybe it's fate but...anyway life is giving him a new opportunity and this time I want my Mahir to choose the right person for him and I think Bela is the right person for him", Vishal smiles "I'll be more than happy having Mahir as my son-in-law...I'll talk to Bela Andy...let's hope to get a positive answer from both children".

They both were busy in their talks but unknown to them both Bela had heard their talks when she had gone to her father's cabin to get a file, she was shocked hearing their talks about her and Mahir's relationship. Her happiness knew no bounds when she heard Andy say that he wants her as his daughter-in-law, she was in seventh heaven hearing those words. She goes back to her cabin, there was no way anyone could erase the smile that had formed on her face, she was not even sure how to express her happiness, her heart was fluttering thinking of Mahir💓, Okay okay calm down Bela...Mahir ji hasn't said yes...it's dad and Andy uncle's wish...don't be like this Bela...be normal...come on...wipe that grin off your face...you need to be normal so no one doubts you...come on Bela you can do it...but I'm so happy that Andy uncle considered me...okay calm now Bela...hold your horses you are not getting married so easily...he has to first say yes to get married to you which I highly doubt he will ever accept...let's see what happens...all I leave it to you God...if Mahir ji is meant for me even in the slightest possible way then I will be the most happiest person in this world.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it ❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini