Chapter 10- "Bloodstream"

Start from the beginning

I was failing with the whole don’t-stress-over-the-past thing, my mind constantly wandering back to the emerald eyed lad. I wondered if he had been hurt, or if he had found the coins I had given him. I wondered if he got a ride home, and if his family would be as happy to see him as he was to them. I wondered if he would think of me, or of the crew and his experiences aboard the ship- although they were limited- and I wondered if maybe I crossed his mind for longer than a second. I wondered if he was curious about the elixir, or if he thought of finding the gold. And I also wondered if he thought of us as more than greedy, bloodthirsty pirates as he had claimed. I wouldn’t be able to change his mind from halfway across the sea, but maybe- just maybe- he regretted leaving just as much as I regretted letting him go.

That was just wishful thinking I suppose.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by a banging on my door, causing me to jump slightly at the loud noise that penetrated the silent room. I sighed deeply, getting up from my seated position on the bed before walking over to the large wooden door that separated my quarters from the rest of the ship. I swung the door open, glaring at whoever had decided to disturb me. Nick flinched back from my angry stare, but cleared his throat and looked at me with a questioning glance. I nodded, softening my glare, allowing the lad to speak without cowering back a bit. It was no secret that I could do some damage if I was angry, causing everyone to tread lightly when I got in a mood much like this one.

“Um, Captain, Lou wants to know which direction to sail in sir. We haven’t been given any directions on where we are to go. And Zayn and Liam have cooped up in their cot for the moment.” He asked sheepishly and I sighed again- I had to stop sighing.

“The map, just follow the map.” I answered, causing him to scrunch up his face, fear glinting a bit in his eyes.

“Captain, we can’t decipher the map.” He said again, stepping back not so subtly, eyeing me like I would kill him right there. I mean, pirates do get violent, and they do get angry but Nick was family.

“Head North, follow the brightest star until we reach Syrena. Then, someone can come and get me. Everyone is to be prepared to enter it, I will not lose anyone due to unpreparedness. Go.” I commanded, holding in a laugh as he nodded frantically and left, tossing an ‘aye, aye, Captain’ over his shoulder. He was either extremely excited to get back to his lover, or horribly terrified of me at the moment. I wanted to peg it on a little bit of both. I growled a bit in frustration (not an animalistic growl, like a deep noise radiating from my throat), slamming the door shut behind me. I could practically see the crew flinching as the sound bounces off the wooden walls and hits their ears. I guess now they all knew for sure the mood I was in. They would all be wary of disturbing me.

I didn’t want to frighten anyone, I just wanted to be left alone to wallow in my own self-deprecation and pity. Was that too much to ask? Was it too much to see past the pirate exterior, to see past the ‘argh’ and rum? Too much to ask for someone to actually care, legitimately care? Apparently so, and I was stupid to think otherwise. I could practically feel the sadness running through my bloodstream, making my whole body feel heavy and weak.

I sluggishly made my way over to the large window that looked out across the sea, watching the waves crashing behind us while my hand blindly reached over for the bottle of rum on the table next to me. My fingers clasped tightly around the cold neck of the bottle, but I paid it no mind. Instead, taking a deep swig from the bottle, feeling the instantaneous burn of the liquor running down my throat. I could already feel the chemicals burning in my bloodstream, allowing me to feel lighter, but the sadness still hit me hard. Pulling me down, trying to make me sink, and trying to make me drown in my own sorrow. A sorrow I shouldn’t have, he was never mine really, I should have known it was an act. A sorrow that I brought upon myself. I took another swig, praying to feel the effect. When will it kick in?

After a few more swigs, I had felt a bit lighter, but it soon crashed when a load knocking echoed through the room once again. I rolled my eyes, deciding that if I ignored it then maybe they would just leave. But it seemed that once again, luck was not on my side. The knocking continued, growing louder and more urgent.

“Captain!” A voice hollered, one I recognized as Zayn’s and for some reason it sounded quite overjoyed. Furrowing my brows I walked towards the door, stumbling over a shoe carelessly strewn on the floor. I cursed, almost falling but slowly continued to make my way over to the large wooden door. I took a deep breath, wiping at the tear that had rolled down my cheek unbeknownst to me until this point. I sniffled, taking a deep breath, before swinging the door open and freezing.

“We have a stowaway Captain.” He said seriously, but I could barely hear the words leave his mouth because I was too busy staring at the curly head of hair in his grip.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

I know it’s late, and I’m so sorry.

Life got in the way, blame life?

How was Niall’s reaction justified?

Is he truly sad or is he more disappointed in himself for allowing Harry to break down those walls?

Who is the lad in Zayn’s grip?

What happened with Harry?

What is to come in Syrena?

How is the crew feeling? Does the crew understand why Niall (And Zayn/Liam) are acting the way they are?

Was Harry misguided?

Who is in the wrong? Why?

Is this all worth it for them?

Do you like all these questions?

I just want to point out that the song on the side is one of my favorites at the moment.

Dedication to the commenter that:

Can guess my top 3 Disney movies that don’t have princes or princesses (NO royalty)

OR

Can guess my favorite color?

Real life question of the chapter:

What is one thing you look forward to this month?

130 votes and comments for an update by Wednesday? (Super update)

{I’m sure many of you wonder why I post these little inspirational cute little messages on the ends of my messages. I know that everyone has those days of insecurity or days that you feel low. Sometimes, there are more bad days than good, and sometimes, someone doesn’t see that they are amazing. I want all of you to know- whether you’re going through a hard time or not- that you are perfect. That you were made the way you are for a reason. You’re insecurities could be the things someone else loves about you. You are beautiful (or handsome), smart, kind, perfect and so worth it. Despite what other people may tell you, despite what you may tell yourself. You are perfect, and if someone tries to tell you otherwise, ignore them. They’re either jealous, or stupid (or insecure themselves) but they are also 100% wrong. I love each and every one of you.}

xx Val