C H A P T E R 9

Aftermath

"You hurt her, I kill you"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"You hurt her, I kill you"

Svetlana woke up the next morning with a gut feeling that something had gone wrong, so she quickly got herself dressed in a pair of khaki slacks, a dark maroon sweater and her slightly scuffed boots. She could hear a bit of chatter outside, but decided to ignore it. While getting dressed she couldn't help but realise that she didn't see Klaus again last night or Five for that matter, she also was still deeply worried about her mom because of how different she was acting since she'd arrived. Svet knew that she hadn't been back in over a decade, but it was just too different for her not to worry. She went outside of her room and headed down the hall when she could hear voices.

"They did this to her. It has to do with Five somehow. I mean, they were looking for him." she heard Allison say, so she approached the scene cautiously.

"I know I was arguing to turn Grace off, but it doesn't make seeing her like this any easier." She presumed it was Luther who'd said that because no one else except Pogo calls their mother "Grace".

"Poor Diego. This is going to be so hard on him." Allison muttered before she realised Svet had come towards them.

"W-what happened?" Svet asked carefully. "Who did this to her?" she asked again, her voice raising.

"Svet, it was those guys in the masks that came by last night." Allison said, walking over and rubbing a hand up and down her arm in an attempt to comfort her.

"I saw her last night, she was fine I mean, she was out of it, but she was fine." Svet whispered, her tear filled gaze never leaving the sight of her dead mother, it felt as though she was staring right at her.

"Maybe they did it after you saw her?" Luther proposed, but Svet knew that wasn't the case because the last person to see Grace Hargreeves alive was Diego.

"Yeah, maybe." she sniffled, shrugging off Allison's arm and walking away. She could hear them talking, but she just tuned them out. She grabbed her messenger bag full of her necessities and made her way out of the house. She felt the need to tell Vanya and she didn't need to ask anyone for her address because frankly, she could read minds and god did her siblings think loudly.

When she finally made it there, she could see the door was slightly ajar and then she heard a thud on the ground. She swung the door open to see Allison towering over some random man on the ground.

"Allison! Wait!" the man said, holding his hands, as if he was surrendering.

"Leonard!" her sister exclaimed, backing up. "I'm sorry, I thought you were a..." she smoothed down her jacket, letting the man get up.

"Who the hell are you?" Svetlana asked him, her eyes wide.

"I'm uh, Leonard, Leonard Peabody." he said, extending his hand for her to shake, but she just ignored it.