Chapter 21

Blood was everywhere, splattered across the throne room, while I was on the throne. I looked around, finding body parts scattered around the place, Hugo sitting on one side as Echo was wrapped around one of the points on the throne, Isla resting right behind me, blood staining her muzzle. My eyes widened, beginning to wonder what was happening, I tried to tell my body to stand but instead it stayed seated, as if it wasn't mine to command. "Why did you pull the trigger?" My attention snapped forward, seeing my mother with a bullet hole in her chest, blood dripping down her mouth and from the room, scarlet droplets being added to the blood stained floor.

"Mother?" I questioned, looking at her confused. "You were killing people! You had to be stopped ... I had to pull the trigger or you wouldn't stop ruining other people's lives!" I yelled, glaring at her, my tongue moving before my brain could comprehend. "I don't regret my decision, you would've killed me if I hadn't killed you first, just like what you did to my brother." I say, my eyes hardened as my grip on the arm rests of the throne tightened. I then flinched when I heard a gunshot, closing my eyes tightly before finding someone else standing where my mother stood.

"Nova?" I questioned in a whisper, looking at my twin, multiple stab wounds in his chest, blood dripping down from the corners of his mouth as his entire chest was decorated in red.

"We were supposed to rule the world together, sister!" He stated, taking a step towards me as a crazed grin took his lips, before it was replaced with a frown, "So why? Why did you kill me?" Nova questioned, looking up at me confused, like he didn't understand.

Tears came to my eyes, "I'm so sorry." I say before I take a deep breath in and out, regaining my composure. "But you were endangering our family ... our brother who cared deeply for us. I didn't know how else to stop you when you wouldn't listen to my words... I-I snapped." I say with a shaky breath, looking down in guilt.

"So then why couldn't you save me?" My eyes widened as I looked up, seeing Benjamin with a gunshot wound in his side. I couldn't speak as tears streamed down my cheeks, I wanted to get up and give him a hug. "Did I not qualify as a family? Was I not good enough to be saved?" He questioned once more, his eyes showing no light they once had when he was alive, only the dullness of death, his shoulders slumped.

"I-I'm sorry." I sobbed, stray strands falling onto my face as I looked down. "I wish I could take your place, but I wasn't quick enough." I sobbed, my shoulders trembling.

"There was nothing you could do." I intake a sharp breath, looking up to see Ryder standing right in front of me wearing a smug grin on his lips. He then grabbed my throat, slamming my head against the throne, "You were just as helpless as you were when you were with me." He spoke as a smirk replaced his sly grin.

I stared at him in fear as he began to squeeze, cutting off my air supply before a large sword drove through his chest, his blood splattering across my cheek. The sword coming from somewhere behind me as I watch him tumble down onto the floor. "Peasants like him shouldn't touch people like us." A femanine voice growled, power dripping from her words. I turned in my chair to see the country other Atlanteans called Olympus, her red hair resting on her shoulders, her eyes the same shade of red as my own but slightly darker, a smirk resting across her lips as she took a few steps forward to stand by my side, the symbol of a trident and scythe along with the lightning bolt going down the middle seemed to give off a glow.

"My my, we are similar in very many ways aren't we?" Olympus questioned with a chuckle as she looked at me up and down. "Black is a good fit for you." I looked down noticing I was wearing the same black gown she was, before looking back up at her as she grabbed my chin. "We are the same, you and I." She spoke as she moved away, taking her hand off my chin as she walked over to where Ryder's body laid, pulling out her sword from his flesh. "We both have blood on our hands." Out of my control, my hands rose to eye level making me see blood covering them, some of it running down my arm when my hands lifted up.