DARKSTAR RISING

INT. ABANDONED CLOUDTOWER TEMPLE-SANCTUM. NIGHT.

CRYSTAL sits before a mural depicting a winged woman enveloped in fire. The colors on the painting appear faded and worn as cracks persist in the mural. CRYSTAL unsheathes a white sword with a blue stone embedded in the hilt. She gazes at her reflection as she sighs. She places the sword down as she gazes at the mural.

CRYSTAL

I know you asked me to keep your legacy alive and I've done all that I can to keep everyone in the Cult safe and spread your word to the best of my ability, but...

She takes her eyes off the mural, the more she stares the heavier the burden gets.

I don't know how long I can keep this up. Stella is coming and I know she won't give up without a fight but I don't want to fight her even after she betrayed us. She's still...

She pauses as she shakes her head and picks up the sword.

No, you're right, it's just a distraction, I can't fail after everything that went wrong at the Palace. I will get you your ring back and I will fulfill your vision, I swear it.

She stands up as she gazes at her reflection and smirks.

The Phoenix rises.

WILLOW comes behind her.

WILLOW

It's time.

CRYSTAL

Then let's play.

INT. WINXDORM ROOM-LIVING ROOM. SAME TIME.

STELLA mediates as TECNA sits with her arms folded, scowling. FLORA practices growing vines with thorns but glares at her hands as she sighs, Blame fills her but it will fuel her magic and get MUSA back. BLOOM practices her spell circles on her assignment as she's getting consistent checks from her homework. The business card glows blue as STELLA answers. TECNA yells.

TECNA

Where's Musa!? You witch.

EXT. ABANDONED CLOUD TOWER TEMPLE-THRONEROOM. SAME MOMENT.

CRYSTAL sits on a throne made from a dragon skull as she talks into her hand like she's talking to a phone.

CRYSTAL

And hello to you too princess. Relax, Musa will be fine as long as you do what I say. Stella is to come alone and bring me the Staff, once I have it you're all free to go, no harm, no foul. Deal Sunshine?

STELLA (V.O)

Deal.

The line goes dead as CRYSTAL clenches her fist.

WILLOW

You know she won't come alone.

She breathes in, the doubt is getting harder and harder to hold back.

CRYSTAL

Oh, I know. It's time to see Stella's Winx club in action.

CRYSTAL sits on a dragon skull throne as she grins with delight. DARIAN sits on the steps toying with a knife as WILLOW glares at CRYSTAL and folds her arms and frowns.