LEVITATING

INT. WINX DORM ROOM-LIVING ROOM. EVENING.

In the pink evening hue, MUSA strings her viola with her bow as the most relaxing music fills the air. She reads an orchestra sheet, reciting her notes. The strings of the viola glow as she plays, causing the orchestra sheet to magically flip to the next page. TECNA remains hunched over her work desk as she carefully welds a tiny chip onto a futuristic-looking bracelet. FLORA shuffles through a thick collection of flashcards, she flips to one labeled, "Mitochondria."

FLORA

Hmmm, the source of magic in any given cell.

She flips the card and reads the definition right, she smiles.

Ha, yes.

Meanwhile, BLOOM concentrates all her energy on an apple resting on a coffee table as STELLA levitates above the couch with her legs crossed, studying BLOOM.

STELLA

You got this, Bloom. Empty your mind of everything but the magical task.

BLOOM takes a deep breath as she tries again, her eyes flare up with orange light as the apple wobbles a little but stops. BLOOM groans.

BLOOM

Ugh! Dang it, why didn't that work?

STELLA

Hmm. What were you thinking about?

BLOOM

Levitating the apple, then, why can't I do this, will I ever become a fairy? That apple looks good, I'm getting kind of hungry, why can't I clear my mind?

STELLA nods.

STELLA

Ahhh ok, I know your problem.

STELLA whistles as a book fly from the shelf and into her hand.

When thoughts become too loud, some fairies rely on words to help focus them.

She flips to the back of the textbook to the magical term sections, she reads through it.

Ah, here we go, the word for levitating. "Levisen." Let the word echo in your brain and magic should follow.

BLOOM breaths out and relaxes, she lets the word echo in her mind.

BLOOM

Levisen.

The apple shakes a bit more but still nothing, she rolls her eyes. STELLA ponders.

This is ridiculous, why can't I do this?!

STELLA

I thought that would work. Man, your mind must be really chaotic.

BLOOM

You have no idea. At this rate I'll never be a fairy, aren't there other ways to perform magic?

STELLA thinks.

STELLA

Hmmm well, there are words, which you just tried, spell circles are for complex spells so that's a no. Equations, but those are too advanced for you, songs which are even harder, um dance?