Twenty One

Please, please vote and comment on this chapter! I'm dedicating the next chapter to the user who placed the best comment!

Pacing, she was pacing, walking the length of her bedroom with a hand holding on to her stomach desperately. Her mind was racing, jumping from scenario to scenario. Lorenzo still hadn't come up from the basement and Olivia couldn't see any other logical reason for that other than the fact that he was hurting her. 

What if he was going to kill her? 

Olivia's eyes widened at the thought because in hindsight, that made total sense. Why else would Lorenzo allow her to see her, go as far as to allow her to feed Alexia and help her get cleaned. What if he was allowing this is as some sort of a last act of kindness before her inevitable death. 

Before Olivia could think clearly she had already thrown open her bedroom door and was now racing down the staircase, just as she reached the bottom, ready to turn towards the basement door, the front door opened and Luca and his men waltzed into the house, forcing Olivia to stop dead in her tracks. Her breath was heavy, eyes darting between Luca and the basement door, wondering whether to just make a run for it, she might suffer for it but at least she'd be sure Alexia was ok. 

"Bella," Luca smiled, approaching her before his smile fell, noticing her disorientated state. "Are you ok? Is it the baby?" He asked with what one might perceive as genuine concern but by now Olivia knew better than to fall for such manipulations. She still stood frozen in her stance, inching away from Luca's touch when Lorenzo spoke up from behind them, emerging from the basement. 

"It's the baby, she has been hysterical all day, crying, screaming, driving me crazy. Completamente pazzo." Lorenzo said with an eye-roll. Olivia's head snapped towards him in surprise, he was lying, lying to Luca, for her. 

"Veramente? Ha fatto qualcosa di stupido, ha cercato di scappare?" Luca put an arm around Olivia's waist, his hold tight as he spoke to Lorenzo. Lorenzo moved from the basement door to stand in front of Luca and Olivia with crossed arms. 

"No, apart from her crazy pregnancy hormones, she behaved." He said, giving her a knowing look.  The two of them stared each other down before eventually the sound of Luca talking grabbed both their attention.

"Good, you're finally learning your place. I have a surprise for you." He said, holding her arm as he smiled at her.

"W-what is it?" She asked, cautious, because with him, you could never really tell if his surprises were going to be pleasant. 

"I'm going to have a quick meeting with my men, then I'll shower and I'll meet you in the garden. Matteo, bring her to her room and then come down for the meeting. One of the girls will be waiting for you to help you get ready." He grabbed her chin, forcing a kiss, before leaving towards the office, the rest of his men trailing along behind him. 

"Come on." She felt Matteo place a hand on her back, pushing her gently towards the stairs.

"Don't touch me." Olivia spat at him, removing herself from his proximity by attempting to rush up the stairs. 

"For how long are you going to keep this up? When will you forgive me?" Matteo called causing Olivia to stop abruptly and turn to face him. 

"Forgive you? The day I'll even consider forgiving you, is the day I get to see your dead, rotting body in front of me. And I'll relish in the fact that you won't get to take another breath that they, Elias and Aaliyah, don't get to breath. And mark my words, Matteo, you will die, whether by my hand or another you will die. Each and everyone one of you will pay, you'll have what's coming to you." With that Olivia walked away, into her room, slamming the door shut and leaving a stunned Matteo in the hallway.