Fourteen

Thank you for all the reads but small request, please, please, please vote on the chapters, the votes mean so much and help others see the book so please, please, please vote on the chapters!

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten." Olivia's eyes were closed as she laid on the bed and counted her fingers, in hopes of calming herself down. Her tear-stained cheeks were red with the sudden heat that she was feeling and the loose shirt she was wearing clung on to her body that was sticky with sweat. She got up and approached the bathroom, hands trembling as she turned on the faucet and washed her face with water. Her dark and empty eyes caught sight of her frail reflection, gaze resting on her stomach. 

Pregnant. A mother, she was going to be a mother. As Olivia stared at her stomach in the large bathroom mirror, she could see it, it was barely visible but it was there, a small but growing bump. She lifted her shirt and tucked it underneath her chin, turning her body to the side as she cupped the base of her belly, a faint smile appearing on her lips. At least she would have a part of Elias with her forever, even if he was no longer around. The indefinite sound of voices and footsteps walking towards the room made Olivia quickly rush out the bathroom and just as she was walking towards the bed; Luca, Lorenzo and Matteo burst in to the room. 

"Principessa," He whispered, eyes wide and almost soft as he looked intently at her stomach. Lorenzo and Matteo stood behind him, Matteo with his eyes on the ground, hands balled into fists while Lorenzo had his face set in a concentrated frown, looking between Luca and Olivia, deep in thought. "Is it true?" He asked, approaching her quickly before falling on his knees before her, hands hovering over her stomach as if he wanted to touch it but was waiting for something. Olivia didn't say anything at first, unable to tell the lie, unable to look down at his callous face and give him the satisfaction of thinking the baby was his. But when he suddenly grabbed on to her hands, pulling her down to look at him, a certain urgency in his eyes, Olivia couldn't help letting out a pathetic yelp, nodding weakly. "Say it! I want to hear it!" He demanded. 

"I-I'm pregnant." She finally let out and Luca smiled, this being the first time Olivia had seen him happy in a long, long time, and got up, walking to his two friends with open arms. 

"Diventerò un padre!" He exclaimed and Matteo smiled at him while Lorenzo remained stoic, eyes trained on Olivia while Luca spoke animatedly to Matteo in Italian. 

"L-luca?" The word had left  her mouth before she even processed what was happening and all three men looked at Olivia in surprise, this being the first time in weeks she had actually spoken to any of them. "I'm tired, may I be left alone to sleep?" She wasn't tired, not in the slightest, the male presence in the room was becoming overwhelming and she felt herself growing hot and squeamish, wavering slightly in her stance, it was all too much for her. 

"Yes, bella, of course." Olivia bit back surprise at Luca's sudden gentle and almost caring tone and she narrowed her eyes slightly in suspicion, was he acting this way because of the baby? If that were the case, she didn't even want to imagine how he would react if he found out the child wasn't his. 

"Lorenzo, please place two men outside her door at all times and tell one of the girls to check up on her every hour to see if she needs anything. I'm putting you in charge of her personal well-being, Matteo, follow me." Lorenzo nodded slowly at Luca's order, saying nothing, remaining stoic and enigmatic as usual, leaving the room while Matteo stood at the door, waiting for Luca eyes still trained on the floor. 

"Sleep well, principessa. " Luca said, kissing Olivia on the forehead while touching her stomach and Olivia fought the urge to puke and this time she was certain it wasn't because of the pregnancy. As soon as the door closed and she was left alone, she felt herself fall backwards on the bed, fighting back tears and the loneliness and longing in her heart. She turned on her side, hands caressing the empty pillow next to her, eyes closed as she imagined Elias' sleeping figure, the sight she used to wake up to everyday; eyes closed, his long dark lashes resting on his cheek while his mouth was slightly opened, soft puffs of air escaping them as his chest rose and fell calmly. His tattooed arm would either rest on his stomach or be wrapped around Olivia's body, a calmness and serenity on his face that you didn't often get to see on the troubled man. Olivia fell asleep like that, imagining the handsome, raven-haired man she loved lying next to. 

"Olivia! Olivia!" An ear-piercing scream startled Olivia awake from her sleep, she felt her eyes open, her hands reach out instinctively to help herself get up. The harshness of the surface beneath her hands made her frown, the texture foreign compared to the soft duvet she had been in moments ago. She stumbled in her stance as she tried to decipher her surroundings, however the harder she tried, the more unsure she became, her mind blank and the environment around her seemingly so as well. 

"Olivia! Olivia, help me!" The screams continued and Olivia felt her heart stop, the familiarity of the voice causing her legs to begin moving in whatever direction. 

"Aaliyah? Aaliyah? I'm coming Aaliyah!" She yelled back helplessly and suddenly the teenager was in front of her, however, the more Olivia tried to run towards her, the slower her feet seemed to move, held back by some invisible force. A dark figure approached Aaliyah and before Olivia could stop what was happening, a gun was pointed at Aaliyah, the echo of a shot running through her hears, deafening her. "Aaliyah!" She gasped, falling to her knees. As she attempted to crawl towards the dead girl, the dark figure turned towards Olivia, scrambling towards her at an inhumane speed. 

She found herself screaming, getting up and running away from the figure as fast possible, her legs apparently working again. Her body collided with another figure, almost sending her backwards if not for the fact that the figure grabbed her arms. 

"Alexia?" Olivia whispered looking up at the familiar face, she wanted to wrap her arms around her, needing the warmth of comfort of anyone at this point but she was pushed away.

"Run." Was all the woman could could say before she was shot  through the head, warm blood splattering against Olivia's skin. Alexia's body faded away, the scenery changing as Olivia stood stiff in shock, a hand touching the warm, crimson liquid on her face. A bullet whizzed past her ear, forcing her body into action. She fell to the floor, crawling to a corner as dark figures fought around her, guns pointed all over the place and bullets being shot. She pulled her legs to her chest, burying her head in them and then, in a trice, Elias stood before her. Eyes blazing with fury as he fought the dark silhouettes around him. Olivia watched with tears in her eyes as she watched him grab one of the figures by the neck, bashing its head against his knee before throwing the figure to the ground, swiftly turning around and reaching for a gun. He shot in all direction, killing all of the figures one by own until his eyes rested on Olivia. 

"Elias," She whispered with a smile but as she moved to approach him, she stopped abruptly, smile falling as she soon found herself facing a gun, his blazing eyes showing no sympathy or remorse, no love in sight.

"You killed her, you killed all of them." He yelled angrily and Olivia flinched back in shock. "And you killed me." His eyes lowered and suddenly his gun was pointed to her stomach. "Now you'll pay for it, and the bastard child too." 

"No!" Olivia screamed just as he pulled the trigger and then, there was darkness. 

Olivia woke up with a start, panting heavily as her heart hammered against her ribcage. Her clothes clung to her while her hair pressed against her forehead due to the moisture of the sweat. She looked around wildly, realizing it was just a dream and she fell back on the bed, closing her eyes as she tried to regain her breath. 

"It was just a dream." She whispered. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven , eight, nine, ten. " She counted her fingers, "It was just a dream." She repeated, calming herself down, protectively touching her stomach. 

It was just a dream, yes, however she had only left one nightmare for the reality of another. 

A/N: Another chapter, I hope you guys like! Don't forget to vote please!