Ten

The sun made a rare appearance and Olivia closed her eyes, allowing herself to bask in the little comfort and warmth it gave. She couldn't allow herself to over indulge, no, her mind refused to let her because soon enough she glanced at a small patch of Dahlias, her mood becoming increasingly morose and sorrowful. She heard Matteo wince and she looked up to see he was touching the bruise that had formed around his nose. Olivia snickered quietly to himself, finding an odd sense of amusement in his suffering. Suddenly a shadow loomed over her seated figure and she looked up only to be met with Lorenzo's hateful gaze, not that her's was any more forgiving. 

"Luca wants you." He muttered with a strained voice, as if it hurt him to say those words, and with that he grabbed her arm, forcing her to her feet. Olivia snatched her arm from his grasp, tired of being dragged around like a fucking rag doll, she sent him a glare before marching towards the house, Matteo looking at the two in confusion before following along behind them. 

"Not there." Lorenzo called, pushing Olivia away from the study, where she supposed Luca would, towards the grand marble stair case. "The bedroom." Lorenzo corrected, walking ahead of her while Olivia faltered back slightly, hands trembling, her skin become cold with fear. The bedroom? What kind of torture did he have installed for her today? Her hand instinctively went to her stomach, yes, she wasn't sure yet whether she was or wasn't with child, but the fact that there was a fleeting chance made her ten times more vulnerable to Luca's antics. 

"Mio Dio, non ho tempo per questo." Lorenzo muttered when he looked back and noticed Olivia hadn't moved, he turned back on the stairs, hastily grabbing her wrist and dragging her along behind him. He opened the door and pushed her in, Matteo slipping in behind them before Lorenzo closed the door. 

In the bedroom, Olivia found herself looking down at her feet, hands fiddling nervously with each other while Luca was pacing around, talking loudly in Italian with someone on the phone. Eventually he turned the phone off, running a frustrated hand over his face before he looked at Olivia and to her surprise, his harsh stare seemed to soften and she could have sworn his eyes flickered to her stomach for a second before returning to her face. 

"Vieni qui piccola." He ordered and Olivia debated whether she should disobey and stay put or just give in to him, eventually she went with the later, making slow but careful step towards him. Luca put both his hands on her arms and ran them up and down in a seemingly comforting manner but Olivia hated it, she hated his touch and without thinking, she roughly pushed his arms away from her body, taking a step backwards. Luca's eyes flashed with anger before took a breath, recollecting himself and taking something out of his pocket. Olivia's eyes widened in shock as she stared at the thin, rectangular object, a gasped a echoed throughout the room and it didn't escape her mouth, it came from Matteo. Luca glared slightly at Matteo before returning his attention to Olivia, forcing the object into her hands. 

"W-what?" Olivia stared at the pregnancy test in her hands and then at Luca who was staring at her sternly but not in the menacing and dangerous manner he always did. 

"You're going to take that pregnancy test." He repeated and Olivia shook her head in disbelief, how did he even know? 

"One of my maids brought me up to date with your recent ailments and I thought it appropriate to take one of these tests." The maids, Olivia almost wanted to roll her eyes, so much for girls sticking up for each other. 

"Appropriate?" She whispered, not really knowing what Luca expected from all this. Luca nodded with a smile on his face, he stepped closer to her, putting a hand on her stomach and took every part of her not vomit and recoil away from his touch.

"Yes, if you're going to have my child, I want to know as soon as possible." His child? Olivia's eyes almost popped out of their sockets, her breath wavering not just of surprise at his words but also his stupidity. She had been here for little over a month, and yes he had been forceful with her on several occasions but was that even enough time for her to get pregnant by him? Surely if she were with child it wouldn't be his, it would be, it would be- she didn't even want to think about it.