Reine, the Mothman. After introducing herself as the owner of the Inn, I paid in full and she handed me a key.

I gave her a nod and went straight for my room at the second floor. The room itself is evenly spaced, a table at the corner and the bed on the other. A closet for clothes and even a bathroom. How considerate.

Vergil: Now then, for supplies for the future travel.

I exited the Inn and roamed the Market. I must admit, their produce is extremely fresh. As I gathered supplies however, trouble brewed as soldiers from the Order came along a priest and what I could guess is another Heroine.

Man: And there they are again, those damn priest are preaching noisily again. When are they gonna stop.

Vergil: I take it they come once in a while to preach their beliefs?

The man next to me grunted.

Man: Yep, it's annoying really. Preaching about the Mamono being monsters, which they are but not in that case. They've been a big help on this port's continuous growth. Thanks it the Mermaids and other Mamono that comes from Zipangu to trade.

Vergil: I see, it's better to ignore them than pay any attention.

The man scoffed in agreement.

Man: You got that right.

With that, I left. But in order to go back to the Inn, I must pass through the Order.

I was about to pass through when a knight came out to block me.

Knight: You there, you look like you despise Mamono. Join us in preaching the Chief God's word and be cleansed of this sin covered port.

I looked around, finding people being forcefully coerced to listen to the bloody crow.

Vergil: I have no business with you, now move before you make a mistake.

The knight didn't budge.

Knight: I'm afraid I cannot.

His hand gripped the handle of his sword tighter.

I clicked my tongue and tried to move around, only for him to follow and block me again.

Vergil: Enough! I gave you a chance to not bother me and allow me to pass through but it seems your head mostly filled by your biceps than actual brain matter.

That made him react and draw out his sword.

Knight: You dare disobey the Chief God's word!? You shall die Heretic!

Many gasped as his arm moved to cut me down. However, his movement is that of a slug and with a form filled with holes. I blocked his blade, using Yamato still in it's sheath.

Vergil: I warned you.

With a quickdraw, I knocked him out by using the blunt edge of Yamato. His eyes, being the only visible thing inside his helmet, went white and he fell on the ground with a thud.

Vergil: How annoying.

The other knights however, stared at their comrade's unconscious form and drew out their own blades, slowly surrounding me. As if such paltry intimidation would work on me.

Many Mamono, Men, Women and Children watched with wide eyes and open mouths as I swiftly dispatched the surrounding knights. My form like a blur to their eyes.

I then faced the gawking Priest and the surprised Heroine with an intense glare under my cloak.

Vergil: I suggest you get better leashes to hold your dogs.

The Priest looked surprised but shook it off and ordered the Heroine to attack me.

I saw her sigh and move towards the opposite of me.

Wilmarina: I am Wilmarina Noscrim, may I have the name of whom I'm about to slaughter?

I grinned. At least she has manners, and her? Slaughtering me? How presumptuous of her.

Vergil: At least you have some manners. But unfortunately, giving you name would be a waste of breath. That, and you aren't worth my time, not skills to waste on.

Her brows furrowed.

Wilmarina: How brave of you to talk back to a Hero. But is that all? They may be knights but they cannot compare to a Hero.

Vergil: Let is see about that.

She only glared and charged, her blade ready to skewer me. That is, if I was slow.

Sparks were scattered as I swiftly deflected her blade with Yamato and sheathing it with one motion.

She flew back from the shockwave and shock is evident on her face. She charged again and went for an overhead strike. To which I matched with my own Upper Slash, to which another set of sparks flew everywhere.

She jumped back and I spun Yamato before putting it back to it's sheath.

Vergil: Is that the best you Heroes can do?

She bared her teeth and charged again, to which I answered by dodging to the side and kicked her on her side. She coughed out spit and flew to a wall.

Vergil: I am disappointed. Not only my stay here is ruined by you, but also for the fact that you're weak. I could barely feel your attacks and you lack discipline for falling to such cheap tactics. Hero. Hah, don't make me laugh, you're nothing more than dirt under my boot.

She picked herself up and yelled, at the same time poising her sword to stab me through the head. I dodged, bending my back to avoid her attack but her edge managed to cut my cloak and destroyed the button holding it together.

She flew overhead and landed on her feet. The people spectating the fight all eager to see what damage she had done to me.

Vergil: Bravo, Hero Noscrim. You have managed to damage my cloak.

I straightened my back and my cloak fell off my shoulders like a blanket being pulled from the bed. Revealing my image to the surrounding crowd.

Many gasped and many Mamono blushed after getting a glimpse of my face.

Wilmarina herself couldn't help but stare at me... Great, how Dante could get through this amazes me.

Vergil: Now then, don't blink.

She froze, not sure whether to follow my instructions or now. No matter, a single strike should be more than enough to end this pitiful bout.

A simple Trick and I am already behind her. Her head snapped around to try to find Yamato's edge so she could block it. But unfortunately for her, she is too slow and the blunt end of Yamato connected. Knocking her out cold in an instant.

Vergil: I suggest you never return, or else my blade's edge would get dull and bloodied.

The Priest and the newly conscious knights flinched under my glare and gathered their still fallen allies, including Wilmarina Noscrim.

I sheathed Yamato and laid my Cloak over my head, I better find another tailor that can fix it. With everything done and dusted, I moved. Making the surrounding crowd part way like the Red Sea.

And it seems trouble won't let Vergil rest lol, anywho. Hopefully you peeps are satisfied with this chapter! SOUL out!

Vergil's Irritation Risesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें