Part 47 - Divided

Start from the beginning

"Yes, but with the humans," the demon replied, "we can possess them and destroy the coveted blessed world of the king."

"Or you could just kill the humans. It would keep you from ruining a perfectly good world for yourself."

The demon cocked his head, his eyes widening in a bit of surprise.

You raised an eyebrow at him. "That's what I did in my former life, anyways."

"And now you're part human," the demon chuckled. "Yes, that seems like something the king would do as a punishment."

"So do you want to destroy them?" you asked. "Or do you want to just play with their bodies for an eternity?"

He hesitated. You attempted to keep as cool a face as possible, trying to remember all the different ways you once hated the humans yourself. 

"If you want to get rid of the humans for good," you said, "let me offer my services."

The demon laughed, his high pitch echoing off the walls.

"Offer?" he asked, holding up the Eros. "I don't need you to offer me anything. I can take whatever I want."

"But you can't control sirens outside of your sight, can you?"

The demon's eye twitched slightly, but he shrugged it away. "I can speak into their souls in ways that don't need the Eros. Charmspeak may give your victims temporary obedience, but demonspeak penetrates the soul."

"It makes your victims insane. You lose control too easily."

"So you want to offer your charmspeak?"

"No," you said with a shake of your head. "I want to offer you my body."

There was a puzzled amusement in his eyes, a slight hesitation that showed he didn't hate the idea.

"What game are you trying to play with me, siren?" he asked. "You think I'm a fool?"

"Not at all. I think you're limited in your power. As am I. We'd be much more useful together, don't you think?"

He cocked his head to the side, so far that you thought he was going to snap Jimin's neck. It was proof that he liked the idea more than he cared to admit. A demon couldn't resist the offer for more power. That's why they were so entranced by the Eros in the first place. It was in their nature.

"Demons don't possess sirens," the demon finally replied, regaining composure.

"They can't possess full sirens," you said, "but have you tried the reincarnates?"

The demon looked me over, hesitating.

"I'll only offer this to you once, demon," you said as calmly as possible. "Possess me instead of Jimin."

Something deep flickered in his eyes for a moment, the yellow fading momentarily.

Jimin.

The yellow returned to Jimin's eyes, signaling that Jimin wasn't fighting hard enough. You would have to push them apart further.

"You would be the first to possess a knowing incarnate, wouldn't you?" you asked. "Think of how much easier it would be to control the humans and the sirens in such a way."

His tongue ran against his teeth. "You hate them that much?"

"I hate that the king loves them that much."

His eyes drifted down to the floor and then slowly crawled up your body.

Too slowly.

Seokjin... Jungkook... if you were planning to step in...