Chapter 25 - deja vu - Olivia Rodrigo

You started...

... thinking to yourself, 'this doesn't feel right'. You pushed Kenma off of you and grabbed your shirt which was behind your head and put it back on. You laid on your back and covered your face with your arms. You knew something like this would happen and you already knew how you felt about it.

"So... " He said as you peaked at him between your arms.

"Um... So..."

"I thought so. I just, I wanted to see. I really like you y/n, but I think my love for you is platonic."

"I did like you Kozume. I did. But those feelings faded and after you told me everything, I just, I thought they had come back but they didn't. I'm in love with Kuroo and nothing has changed."

"It's okay, I want you to be happy and I saw the way you looked at Kuroo. I don't think I've ever seen you that happy. After we kissed, right now, there wasn't that look in your eyes, but whenever you look at Kuroo, you just have that look going all the time and honestly, I'm happier seeing you that way."

"Aw... Kozume... I'm really sorry about... I'm really sorry."

"It's okay, I want you to be happy and hey at least I got to kiss you once."

"Yeah..."

"Did you and Kuroo break up or why...? How...?"

"We're on a break? I don't know but he... It's weird..."

"So, are you gonna... Well..."

"Kenma I'm in love with him, I'm so sorry..."

"You don't have to be sorry y/n. I just, I don't know, I hope you don't feel bad because I don't."

"I feel bad because I feel like I kissed you out of spite."

"Don't say that. You know you didn't."

"I know... I just..."

"It's like when you got mad at Kuroo and fucked Akaashi."

"Kozume! I felt horrible after that!"

"I know but it's different now. I'm just glad you're in my life, even if it is just friends, I'd prefer it like that anyways. I want you to be with Kuroo, I think I always have, I don't care about whatever happened right now or just whatever, as long as you're happy, I'm happy."

"Me too Kozume, you mean so much to me and not talking to you for a while has been so hard."

"Why didn't we talk? You talked to Kuroo."

"Because we're lab partners and co-researchers, we haven't actually talked about anything yet."

"Oh."

"Also, there was this one time where Kuroo was acting really weird, like he kind of pushed me away and it was before we started dating, do you think.. Do you know anything about it?'

"Okay that gives me no information at all."

"It was like 2 months ago, we were in lab and I kissed his cheek and he had this whole kissy fit about it, I'm pretty sure we hung out that day too. He was just so, I don't know it was weird he blew me off a bunch and barely talked to me."

"OH. It was after you guys had that fight so I thought I had a chance to like confess to you and Kuroo gave me an ultimatum. 'If you don't tell her soon I'm gonna ask her to be my gf.'"