Chapter 2

Once they arrived at Beacon the boy that looked like a baby ran first out of the air bus, seemingly disappearing from sight leaving nothing but another puddle of vomit in the very center of the path to Beacon.

Paying no mind to him, the two sisters walked outside and were awestruck.

““Whoa…””

The sight of Beacon was nothing short of breathtaking... Breathtakingly horrendous as there were trash bags littered all around. What looked to be grass that was once green was now colored a sickly yellow, and decorated with used condoms and used surgical needles. There truly was no way of telling just how many cocktails of different diseases were in each needle.

Beacon was no doubt the best hunter academy in the world, however, that didn’t mean there wasn’t a huge competition. Atlas Academy -- if the name didn’t give it away -- was in Atlas, where they brainwashed all its students into joining the military. Haven Academy was in Mystral, their students kept appearing dead in mysterious places for seemingly no reason... And lastly, Shade Academy in Vacuo... It was on Vacuo -- a fucking desert where you are more likely dying of some natural disaster than an actual Grimm attack.

“Hey this place seems nice, maybe I can find my mommy here.” Yang spoke with a hopeful tone.

“SHUT THE FUCK UP YANG!!! LOOK AT THIS PLACE, A HERO LIKE ME SHOULDN'T HAVE HER TRAINING MONTAGE IN SUCH A TRASH PILE LIKE THIS!!!” Ruby gripped her hair and began to tug, grinding her teeth as her eyes began to bulge out of their sockets in frustration. What kind of joke was this!?

Ruby then witnessed several students with very interesting weapons, some had even dripped with...blood. Grimm didn’t bleed but those were just small details in the eyes of Ruby. What mattered is that there WILL be other students that could serve as stepping stones for her growth. They should all be grateful! They had the opportunity to contribute in saving Remnant from evil! Isn’t that the dream of all Huntsmen (aside from fame and money)? So what if they lost a limb or two? It was all for the sake of Remnant so it was A-OK!

“I guess the fodder weapons do look cool, but not as cool as me which is exactly the perfect balance! However...” 

Ruby began to rant about how her expectations weren’t fulfilled and how a hero’s journey should look better if she was to become the best hero Remnant has ever had. This time Yang walked in a direction-- Hmm, what’s that? Which direction? I don’t know and neither did she, but she walked away regardless, leaving her sister behind to god knows where.

“And they should have sent someone to pick us up at least! I mean, it’s rude to keep a hero waiting and do they honestly expect me to carry my own lugga-- Huh? What the fuck? Where is Yang!?”

Ruby looked around to find no sign of her mentally challenged half sister.

“FUCKING HELL, YANG! AGAIN!?!” Ruby screamed and began to grumble with hunched shoulders, her eyes having a steadily growing dangerous look in them as the day grew worse for our young protagonist.

Yang had the hobby of getting herself lost when Ruby wasn’t watching her. Like, for example, when Ruby was busy performing her VERY heroic deeds or when she went into an hour long speech about how she was a hero and everyone else were background characters. The usual, really.

“Uuuum, e-excuse me…?”

Ruby turned around to see what seemed to be a pretty she teen dressed in all white with some faint blue tint. Ruby blinked as she saw the teen had her OWN butlers carry her baggage into Beacon. A hero such as herself had to carry her luggage by herself, but this pampered she bitch had her own slaves-- Erm, attendants to do it for her? What was this madness!?