"Her. She's the one we aren't supposed to talk about. She's the boss... she owns all of us along with other gaming houses like this one in the city. She's the daughter of an infamous, gangster leader. Everyone is terrified of her and her father. The cops won't even help, not that we've tried, but it's just common sense they wouldn't. If we try to leave, our life will be over. She has complete ownership over us and our belongings, money, clothes, cars, everything we own, she owns." Jimin says, sighing more and feeling bad about everything.

"We've been doing this for years now, taking girls here and having them sign the contract. Each girl we get, we each get a year off from our sentence. So far, I have twenty years of freedom. It means I'll be released from my contract when I'm fifty-five. She says we won't be worth much when we get old, but she wanted to keep us around as long as possible." He looks at you, guilt eating away at him. "It's basically a life contract. I'm so sorry you got mixed up in this." He looks sad, but you're upset too.

"So what you're telling me is that you let me sign away my freedom... my rights to someone dangerous? You sat there along that table with everyone else and watched me throw my life away just to get a year off of your life sentence?" You stand up, but he tries to grab your wrist, which only makes you yank your hand away from him. You turn around pissed with tears running down your face.

"I may have been in this for the money sure but all of you are cowards. Letting girl after girl into this situation, and you say there are other game houses like this one? It's hard to believe there are more people like you guys out there as well." You spit the words coldly.

You're so mad you can't help to lash out.

"Wait, there's a way out though-" he begins, but you finish.

"I don't want to hear it, hear you, see you, any of you, just go. You've done enough." You trail off lower at the last few words, making him even more hurt.

No one could blame you for being so upset and not wanting to hear any of what they have to say.

He stands to his feet, apologizing once more. He begins walking to the door, but before he can leave Jin's room, a special type of doorbell rings so loudly it goes throughout the whole house.

"She's here," Jimin whispers.

You turn to him. "Well good, because now I can go talk to her, and she can deal with all of you." You start to open the bedroom door, but Jimin rushes up, slamming it shut, so you can't leave.

"You don't understand. She doesn't give a shit about anyone. Whenever you give up in the house, when you don't want to proceed in the levels here, she'll take you to another house where you'll become a level and recruit men to take off years from your contract. You'll be taking their lives too. That's the kind of game this is, Y/N. She gains money-our money from doing this. She takes victims, and the moment they give up or don't want to play anymore, she kills them. There's way more to this game than you ever thought." Jimin cracks open the door, trying to hear the conversation from downstairs.

You can hear voices distantly, but the woman's comes through loudly and clear like she owns the place.

"My precious boys, have you gotten any more signatures in our little gamebook?" Her voice is laced with bitterness. A dark, seductive tone rolls off her tongue.

You can tell from here how much she adored inflicting pain on others from how she said that first sentence.

"No, ma'am," Namjoon's voice breaks the silence, and you turn to Jimin. He puts a finger over his lips for you to listen, so you can see for yourself how she truly is.

*Slap*

The echo of the harsh hit goes through your ears from downstairs.

"Six of you live in this house, and you bring me back not one? How pathetic of you. Wait, where's the short one?" She calls, and Jimin gulps next to you, obviously talking about him.

"He went out to look for some more girls this morning." You hear Jin's voice explain to her.

"I see. What's his name again?" She pauses to ask.

"Jimin," Yoongi says, voice trying not to sound hateful with the one word he speaks.

"When Jimin returns home-if he doesn't have a girl-tell him I'll add back all the years he's knocked off; he'll start over. Now boys, be a dear and bring Jungkookie up to his room." She giggles, then the doors are opening.

A few grunts are heard coming closer to the bedroom the two of you hide inside.

The sounds grow closer until Jimin and you peer outside the door. You see Jungkook in the middle with his arms hanging around Namjoon's and Hoseok's necks. He's unconscious, and they're having to carry him to his room.

Hoseok glances at you through the door, trying to give you each a reassuring look, then continues to pull Jungkook further into the house.

When you see that, you step away from the door. Jimin easily shuts the door back and comes closer to you.

"Y/N, look at me," he grabs your shoulders, sensing that you're about to have a panic attack, especially after seeing Jungkook like that.

"No, don't," you try to say, being completely in shock from witnessing all of that. "I can't," you shake your head.

"Calm down, and breathe in and out. There's a way out of this, okay? I'm sorry and so are the guys. Jin was so torn up about it last night." He tries to ease the words into your head, hoping that you'll come back to your senses. When you don't, he talks about the game instead. "There's a cheat code to this game. If you can pass all the levels, then you can have a chance to win the prize, which is Jungkook. If you're able to beat the prize, then you'll win the whole game, so you know what that means?" He looks in your eyes, gripping your shoulders and making you look up at him.

Your breathing tries to become normal in the process.

"It means you'll have a shot to beat her, and if you do, then we'll be free. Since she's the creator of the game, no one has ever passed any of the high levels here or in any other game house. You can't play when you become a level like us because we're stuck; the other players before you that have become a level are the same. My point is that if you remain in the game as a player and beat all the levels and pass the prize, you'll win the game and become the owner. That's how she has it written in the contract." He pauses to let this sink in.

"We've tried for so many girls to pass the levels, but they can't, and they quit, becoming a level themselves. Though there's one thing they never knew and that's about the freedom that awaits once you finish the game. We didn't know about it until a few days ago when we were re-reading over our contract. There's a cheat-a way to escape this fate we all got stuck in together. Y/N, you can beat the levels and win if you remain a player because you still have a small percent of your freedom until she turns you into a level. I know you can." He wipes away the fallen tears and looks into your teary eyes.

"I hope you can. If not, then from the bottom of my heart, I'm truly sorry for getting you involved in this fucked up game."

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈