Side Mission: No.6 Stopwatch

Start from the beginning

I stopped to consider his words, they did make some sense. Not completely though I decided to hear him out

"And immediately after the I-island attack his team took him back to UA without allowing parabellum to look into his condition. Something is going on, Alpha always moves only under the orders of their leader, whats more I heard they had 3 last minute members join. There are many strange things with this."

He was right, alot of things weren't adding up. This didn't sound like the usual Arclight, maybe I should look into this.

"I don't believe Arclight has turned on us, but I will look into this matter." I informed him

"Thank you Stopwatch, I have a team that wi-"

"I will do this alone." I interrupted him before storming out before he could say anything.

~~~~Timeskip/Plane~~~~

I sat alone as I was the only one on this flight to Mustafu. I was still angry at the Commander for trying to replace them.... to replace my team...my family.

~~~~~Flashback/One year ago~~~~~

"Alright Tango squad, lets dance!" quipped Parker in his usual cheeky tone. Much to my slight annoyance.

"Stopwatch, something about this mission doesn't feel right." Said Hoops, the only female on the team and as of a few days ago my girlfriend.

"Chill Hoops, its just like any other mission. Me and my boomstick here can sweep out this half assed building in no time!" said Rhino lifting and showing off his beloved Kel-tec-KSG.

"*Scoff* Not likely, Lil' bro. I'm telling you that things going to get you killed one day! You got no range and your quirk ain't helping you out in that department." chimed in Scope the older of the two Brown brothers.

"Now my tried and true PGM Ultima ratio Hecate II here has everything a man needs, like a good french girl." Scope added

"Oook scope we all know why you really chose a french sniper. Also Sandstorm is only half French so..... besides everyone knows Arclight has her locked down or is it the other way around?"

Sensing the argument that was about to go down thanks to parker bringing up that sore spot, I put a stop to it.

"Button up Tango, we are on mission...... also Scope after this mission ends, I'll be in a really deep sleep. I won't see or hear anything." Scope smirked while Parker looked horrified at my implied message.

"Its going to be alright Hoop, its just a routine search and destroy of a cult of nutbags. Just another tuesday for us." I reassured my girlfriend

"I know...... but I can't help but feel like somethings wrong."

Everything will be fine, trust me. Just be extra careful, if you're worried. That goes for you lot as well. Now you know what to do, split up and hunt them down."

They all nod their heads as the break off in different directions. I was about to head off my own way when Hoop pulled me back into her arms giving me a quick kiss. "I love you james, please be careful." she then ran off before I could answer her.

~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~~

My lungs were burning, I badly needed to breathe. But if I let time restart now, I'd for sure die and I wasn't the only one in danger now. This whole building was a fucking trap, they knew we were coming! And they knew how to counter me, throwing wave after wave of villians after me. 

Trying to wear me out and lowering the amount of time I could stop. They fucked up and underestimated me! I'm S-ranked for a reason, we ain't the normal rank and file. We are masters of warfare, no one knows how to adapt on the battlefield better than us.

As I realized what was happening I tested something about my quirk and it turned out I was right. I can stop time by holding my breath and it restarts when I breathe again, turns out thats not entirely true. Time restarts when I exhale when I stop time, so I can take in more air to extend my limit.

So I was able to push beyond my limits and escape my attackers long enough to recover and kill them all. I broke down the door as I sprinted to the next section as I yelled into my earpiece trying to get anyone to respond.

Silence was all I got, not even the static feedback. ('Great they fried they comms') I thought to myself. I just kept running trying to find my team, until I came across a completely sealed room. Shooting out the lock, I kicked the door in and almost puked at the sight of the stilling melting corpse in front of me.

As I looked over the poor bastard, I realized they were alone in this room. As I started to move closer to them, smoke started to raise from my boots. 

('Acid.....enclosed room.... oh no..nononono! God damn it!') Tears started to flow from my eyes as I turned away sprinting off to a different section trying to get to the rest of my team. 

('Considering they knew my quirk, they must know my teams...... I swear to god I'll make them pay for this.......Parker.') Considering his quirk "Spidey sense" that he named after his favorite hero it could only be him in that room. His quirk only warns him of immediate danger, so they lured him in and locked him in before filling the room with acid.

I ran as fast as I could, wanting nothing more than to find the rest of my team safe and sound. My prayers went unanswered as I found the brown brothers. Terry, or what was left of him shredded apart by a .50 cal turret. His beloved KSG in one hand and Jack's Hecate in his other.

Jack himself laid next to his brother, his chest burst open most likely from being impaled. I could guess what happened, Jack was killed first and Terry found him. He'd never leave his brother behind, and since comms were out he decided to bust out with him and try to regroup with us.

They must have planned for this as well, with Jack's body slowing him down he couldn't build up speed for his quirk. So he was helpless when they opened fire on him. I didn't stop when I found them, I kept running holding on to the hope that Amy was still alive and fighting.

"OH GOD NO!!" I screamed when I found her, she was slumped over on her knees being held up by the multiple swords going through her. The only way to damage her due to her quirk rebound, it reflected anything above a certain speed away from her at the same rate as it came at her.

It made her bulletproof...... but not invincible. I ran to her and held her body in my arms, a broken man who'd just lost his family........

A/N: Well then everyone that was the second of our S-ranked to be revealed! As for his creation and his tragic past you can thank DarkShadowsBrain for this amazing character and backstory!

As always thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!