THE WAY THINGS END (OR BEGIN, Or continue, or... You get the idea)

Azure

We didn't talk much while we travelled. All of us, it seemed weren't a bit disappointed that we didn't get to fight anymore.

I had a feeling there was a new air of friendship among us. We cared about each other. Even Jade did.

In all, we were just glad to be alive.

JADE

I didn't expect it to be mushy when the President dropped me off two blocks away from my house, in a corner where a hulking ship wouldn't be noticed.

In fact, I expected myself to turn and walk away without a second glance.

I couldn't.

'Bye,' I murmured awkwardly at Mesmer and Azure.

'Watch your back,' Mesmer said, smiling. I smiled back at her. It was hard to believe she was the one who pulled me into the mess.

'You too,' I said.

'Don't let Avian blondes with flashy ships and bad attitudes get to you,' Azure said, his copper eyes twinkling. Mesmer punched him.

There was definitely something between them.

If only I knew what it actually was.

'I won't,' I said, and chuckled.

'Yo, Stone. Get out before some other geeky kid gets involved,' she growled.

MESMER

I kicked former president out of the pilot seat as soon as I could. It was my ship.

I wasn't in a foul mood. Not really.

The president retreated to the back, where he was explaining to the bot-guy not to use poison gas again.

Azure sat beside me.

'Mesmer,' he said. His tone was hesitant.

I swear, if he was going to apologise, I was punching him again.

'How do you feel about me?' he asked.

I almost lost control of the ship and crashed it. I couldn't place what he was saying.

'Nothing,' I mumbled. My cheeks burned, and I hated myself for it.

'That, is not possible.' He said.

'Why?' I asked, not meeting his eyes.

'People love me or they hate me. They can't just know me,' his tone was casual.

'What are you asking me?' I murmured.

'You know already.'

'I –' my throat went dry. Here I was, on every-girl's-dream-come-true. The Universe's unrivalled hottest guy asking me about – no, don't even go there.

I decided to be honest. 'I'm not sure.' At least, almost honest. I definitely knew I had a terrible crush, but that aside, I wasn't sure. I deliberately ignored what he wanted to know.

'If you ever find out, let me know.' He said, his voice barely a whisper.

'Yes,' I croaked. I steadied my voice. 'Now shut up dummy, you don't want me to crash.'

- The End -