Chapter Eleven - Ethan's POV

Start from the beginning

God, I hated him...

Turning back around, I focused my gaze back on Mia. "He's way too friendly Mia, he definitely has a thing for you," I scoffed.

Again, Mia gave me a weird look, likely wondering why I was acting so strange. 

Her eyes narrowed. "That's because he's a nice person Ethan, maybe you could learn something from him," she said, giving me a pointed look.

 I scowled, not liking the reminder that she thought Ben was better than me in each and every way. I guess she wasn't wrong, but it still pissed me off to hear.

I cleared my throat. "Ben's so cool. Blah Blah Blah. I love Ben," I said, childishly putting on a ridiculously high-pitched voice to imitate her.

 Surprising me, she grinned a little and let out a little involuntary giggle. "I sound nothing like that, you idiot," she laughed before hitting my arm. 

The sound of her laugh was like music to my ears, and forgetting my anger, I leaned forward on my chair, so we were eye to eye. "Don't slap your customer, Mia. It's rude," I said, unable to stop my smirk from overtaking my face.

Those big, gorgeous eyes of hers stared into me, holding me completely encaptured. Then, suddenly an evil spark flew through them. 

Before I even had a chance to wonder what she was doing, she grabbed a clean spoon from the counter and swiped a large chunk of my ice cream clean from my bowl.

I stared a little in shock as she slowly ran the spoon through her mouth and slid the contents clean off. I stared at her lips; and then back at her eyes, finding them sparkling devilishly.

God, that was hot...

Realizing I was probably supposed to be having a negative reaction to this, I turned down my lips a little in a pretense of annoyance. 

"Hey, that's my ice cream," I whined.

In reality, I was far from annoyed; her sharing food with me was insanely sexy. The only thing that could have made it hotter was if she used the same spoon I was eating with. 

Because, then in a kind of pathetic way, I would have gotten an indirect kiss...

"Well, it's payback," she retorted smugly as she put the spoon in her mouth once more to lick off the last few remnants. 

The sight was beyond distracting, and I had to fight myself not to stare too obsessively at those plump lips of hers. God, did I wish I could be that spoon...

Suddenly, my eyes drew to the corner of her lips, and I saw to my amusement that there was the tiniest bit of ice cream there.

I looked back up at her with a smile. "You have some ice cream on the corner of your mouth," I teased, indicating where I meant by pointing to my own mouth.

 Immediately, an adorably deep blush colored her cheeks, and she hastily started to wipe the corner of her mouth against her sleeve.

She hadn't quite got it, and I resisted the urge to laugh. "It's still there," I smiled. 

Looking slightly frustrated, she attempted for another swipe but miserably failed once again.

"You're hopeless; let me help you," I said, my words escaping before I had a chance to second-guess them. 

Leaning forward in my chair, I swiped my thumb against the side of her lips to clean the ice cream away. I was about to wipe my finger against my napkin, but then I paused. This ice cream had been on Mia's lips...