Chapter two

Someone Is rushcing me to upload quickly. So I am. 

***************************************************************************************************************

Jessica

Now

I surveyed the scene below me. The street between the two buildings were completely clear. A single street lamp flickered in the darkness of the night. I took my combats off and put them in my bag. Replacing them with my silent, grippy trampoline shoes. I slung the backpack over my shoulder again and stood up checking the street below me. Nothing moved in the murky shadows. I stepped up to the edge of the building. I could see the window of my target on the opposite apartment block a few storeys below the roof of the one I stood on. I paused at the edge of the building. Stopping to check if I had left any evidence of my visit lingering on the roof. I stayed silent for a few seconds while scanning. Listening to the low hum of traffic from the high street a few minutes away. A dog barked somewhere near and I froze. From my vantage point I saw a spaniel and it's owner walking quickly past, oblivious to my presence. When they had disappeared, I stepped off the edge of the building.

For A few seconds I was flying The I reached my hands out and grabbed the flag pole on the opposite building. My arms were nearly wretched out of their sockets from the sudden stop but I was okay. When I had jumped I had leaned forwards, propelling myself towards the other building. My backpack had stayed on too. I inched closer to the inside of the pole. From where I hung, the building was an L shape. All I had to do was get to the window about two metres in front of me. I could have swung but since the windowsill was the same height as the pole, the chances of me missing were too high. Instead I used my gymnastics skills and swung my self up into a handstand position on the pole. Slowly I straddles my legs down, so I was gripping the pole with both my feet and hands. Now was the hard bit. I lifted the fist hand off, curling my toes around the pole. I lifted my other hand and just as I lost my balanced I jumped. Landing on the windowsill and gripping onto the sides of the window.

Slowly I bent down, attempting to unlatch the window. It came away easily and I made a mental note to write that on the card I always left. I slipped in. Landing in silence. The moon gave just enough light to see by. The room I was standing in was the hallway. There was no alarm or camera fitted. I rolled my eyes. This guy had thousands, maybe millions of diamonds stored here and he didn't have any security in the actual apartment? It was ridiculous. Anyone could do what I had done, with different intentions. I walked along the hallway, trying to get used to my surroundings. A lush, red carpet coated the floor and he walls looked cream, with a few professionally taken pictures of nothing in particular. There was a wooden table at the end of the corridor. Something had disturbed the plant on it as a few grains of soil littered the table. I put the disturbance to the back of my head and concentrated getting to the jewels.

I tested the handle of one of the doors. It was well oiled and slid down easily without a sound. I pushed the door open. With the pale light I could see a desk and a what looked like, the kind of picture someone would hide a safe behind. I crept in. Shutting the door quietly behind me. I tested every floor board, carefully stepping over the ones that creaked. When I reached the picture I pulled it back. Score.

The safe looked back at me. I replaced the picture. I walked over to the desk and pulled the heavy chair out and sat down. I took a pen and paper out of my backpack and began writing.

Dear Person who owns this apartment.

Your security is crap, seriously, lock your windows. And safe behind the pic? So obvious. You also need a burglar alarm or something like that.

Hope I helped.

B&E Guy.

I put the pen back in my bag. Lifting the note up I pushed the chair in. It hit something under the desk and I swore under my breathe. Tiptoeing back to the safe, I attached the note to the front of it. Grabbed my backpack off the table and hurried to the door. I paused as I got to it. I thought I heard something but the next few seconds past in such silence I could hear my adrenaline filled heart beating. I slid the handle of the door down again and slipped out. I didn't bother checking the hallway as I shut the door. I turned to leave and bright lights of three police officers illuminated the hallway.

“Gotcha” The tallest one said, grinning.

Well shit.